You Turn Me Upside Down

Discussion in 'Fiction' started by darkslyrose, May 10, 2014.

1. darkslyrose

darkslyrose Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, it's Amanda and this is a story that I've been working on purely as far as ideas go; so really at the end of the day it's very much still a work in progress so please forgive me ahead of time if I don't update that quickly since I need the time to think about how the story goes. As far as how it's written, the main character Arielle Samuelson whom this story is about; does narrate this story which makes it first person. Hopefully it turns out awesome and that everyone enjoys it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prologue

I had that dream about her again, even if we’ll never actually be together since she doesn’t want a relationship but once again; I can hear her soft voice whispering my name, calling me to come to bed with her. “Arielle.. come here, I need you. I want you.” Those are the words that echo in my brain constantly and torture me with the fact that she can’t be mine, even though I’ve never felt the same about anyone else. Anyone before her is just a distant memory and just because we hadn’t done anything, I can still feel her warm breath against my neck; her hands slowly moving down my back that always managed to bring a shiver down my spine which I’d have to hide. I didn’t want her to know how much she affected me. How much she just managed to figure out the things that I liked. And yet, I suspected she already knew. That’s what brought us here. She’s half way across the world, probably in the arms of someone else; while I lie here on my own, the only comfort being those dreams that became more vivid as they happened. How I want more than anything than to jump on a plane, fly to her front door and tell her how I feel. I always pictured the meeting would go, I’d pour my heart out to her, she’d scoop me up in her arms and kiss me like I’ve never been kissed then tell me that she loved me too. But.. who am I kidding? That was never going to happen.

It was all just a dream. Maybe someone was awake now to convince me that I’m crazy, and sure enough after a few phone calls; Amy picked up and answered in groggy voice. “Ari.. you dreamt about her again didn’t you?” I nodded for a second before realizing that this was a phone call and not Skype, she couldn’t see my reactions; otherwise she’d know exactly how I was feeling. “Yes..” I answered simply before looking over at the clock at saw the flashing 12:00; apparently I forgot to reset it and it wasn’t about to be any help then. “You need to get her out of your head. This self-torture, isn’t good for you sweetie. Look, why don’t you go back to sleep and we can talk in the morning over some coffee?” Maybe calling her this early wasn’t such a good idea, though the one thing that was had been the idea of going back to sleep. There was no way I could have dreamt about her again, not when there was something to look forward to in the morning. “I know. Okay, meeting at the usual place?”

Either she fell asleep for a couple minutes or I did, since there was silence on the line until an almost startled reaction was heard. “Oh right. I’ll just come to your place around 8, that means there better be breakfast for me.” She teased, just as she always did and that made a smile finally come to my face, something that hadn’t happened in a long time. “Yes ma’am. There will be breakfast waiting, promise. Now I’m going to try to sleep, thanks for the talk.” A laugh could have been heard coming from the other end of the line. “Perfect. And you’re welcome, you know I’m here for you whenever. Now, go get some sleep and I’ll see you in a few hours. And Ari? You’ll find someone who wants you someday, I know it.” The call ended after that and I was left sitting on my bed with a smile plastered on my face, Amy was always a good friend; she cheered me up even if I hadn’t thought that something was wrong with me to begin with.

The phone ended up on the other side of the bed before sleep managed to overtake me once more, but there she was again. Back in my dreams. Calling me. Apparently it wasn’t that easy to try to forget.​

2. darkslyrose

darkslyrose Well-Known Member

Chapter One

You’d think graduating high school would be a big celebration, it really wasn’t; not when I was going to be shipped off to some war torn country tomorrow for the sake of protecting people but in a way it was kind of exciting because I was doing something that not everyone could do. Well I was special, no in the way that means I had to be put on medication despite what my parents though since they insisted I was crazy for joining the military, then again I wasn’t tolerating the fact they believed women couldn’t be soldiers and in a way; this was sticking it to them. Thing was though, the thoughts of what was coming tomorrow, that wasn’t going to be dealt with right now. If I had to fake my way through another party like I did with boys in bed then it wasn’t a big deal, no one really noticed anything different especially considering they were all too busy with being hopped up on hormones. My friends weren’t that inane anymore, in fact that was the reason we all got along.

“Hey Ari, are you already yet or still obsessing over your outfit?” I heard Amy’s voice from out in the hallway near my bedroom and of course, that meant that I was running late since no matter what she seemed to find a way to remind me that I had been behind in time, was both amusing and kind of annoying at the same time because I really didn’t need a reminder. “I don’t obsess over outfits and you know that. I just need some help here with my dress.” Before I had the opportunity to say anything else, a laugh was heard right behind me and she had come into the room to check out what I was wearing with a combination of a puzzled grin and a sheer look of amusement on her face. “I never thought I’d see the day that Arielle Samuelson wore a dress, so what’s the occasion? Trying to impress some girl?” she asked curiously while zipping up the back of the purple dress. “Oh wait let me guess, you’re running away and getting married.” She laughed again and I quickly followed before sitting down on the double bed that was more a couch than anything else since it was that comfortable. Didn’t mean that sleeping didn’t happen on it.

“Yes that’s exactly it. Your powers of deduction are definitely strong. But seriously, tonight’s the last night I’m going to see you guys for awhile so I thought that I’d do something unexpected.”

A pindrop could have been heard in the room, things fell that quiet after I spoke, did I say something wrong? Unfortunately it was too late to go back and change my words though after a few short minutes of silence, finally something was said. “I’m going to miss you too. Don’t know what I’ll do without you around Ari, we’ve never been apart for more than a few days. Think you’ll be able to find a girl without me around to lay the groundwork?” she teased, breaking the moment where I would have started crying and honestly I was an ugly crier. Could say that I looked like a drowned raccoon which was as awkward as it sounded especially when there were people watching.

“Oh please, I can impress the ladies just fine without you. Remember Colleen?”

“Oh you mean the screamer? I swear we could have heard that one half way around the block, either you’re that good in bed or she’s just that easy to get off.” I looked at her in a way that basically said not to bring that subject up again since no one needed to know the truth, sure Colleen was a screamer in bed but it was only because she was being selfish and getting herself off. Wasn’t fair.​