Wow she is creating some big feelings in me :)

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Emmarose, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Emmarose

Emmarose Active Member

Hello
    So - big breath - I have just ended a 4 yr relationship ( with a man) I ended it because I wasn't happy in many respects -
    As soon as I made the decision I had a clap of lightning and realised that I'm gay :)
    I have sort of identified as bi sexual before and had many experiences with girls -
    So part of the realisation came as I have developed feelings for a female who I have met through a recovery group - as soon as I saw her I thought 'I'd like to talk with her' we have had some really good conversations and are very like minded. She came out in a very similar way to me. We are developing a friendship and she wants this too. I am in recovery and my sponsor says if I commit to not having a relationship for a yr so that I can focus on myself - and I'm in agreeance with this ..
    I trust that if we are right and are meant to be together it will happen when we are both ready
    I believe in friendship before relationship I think it is good to really get to know someone and have eyes wide open before heart wide open -
    So that's it really - :)
    Not looking for advice as such more a celebration of where I am at -
    I know in some deep level that we will be together and that she feels the same - another part of me is realistic and is like 'it may not be and that is ok too '
    For now I am enjoying my new found freedom, that I am being who I really am and that I can spend my life with another women wow I couldn't say that 3 wks ago !
    :) :)
    From a happy gay girl

loirel likes this.
  2. Sapphology

Sapphology Member

Congratulation. Emmarose. :) I really enjoyed reading that you're in a better place. I wish your recovery well and that your new friendship blossoms.

Emmarose likes this.
  3. Emmarose

Emmarose Active Member

Thank you -
    Exciting times :)

4. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Being friends first is just what you need now. And, since she is also going through the same program, she'll understand, so that should be easy. Be careful though because a crush can really mess with your mind. If you're trying to focus on yourself, it's gonna be hard.

Congrats on recovery and on figuring out your true sexual orientation.

5. Emmarose

Emmarose Active Member

Thank you - in what ways can/ have you seen it mess with the mind ?