Wonder what this means?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Joma90, Dec 4, 2016.

?

Does she have feelings for me?

Poll closed Dec 10, 2016.
  1. Yes she does

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Over thinking

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. She's being friendly so no she doesnt

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Joma90

Joma90 New Member

Hi all

I'm in need of some advice. So I'm super obliviously to people flirting with me or having feelings for me. I am a very outgoing person and blunt. I say what's on my mind with out thinking sometimes. So I meet this girl at a restaurant and didn't think nothing of it but as days went on. When she saw me she would say "hey you" and some have talk for a few moments. She started giving me free food. Still thought nothing. Just that she's a nice and friendly person like me.

So we ran in to her again today (FYI I haven't been around for 3 weeks as I move to opposite side of town. I was just on the side because I like to visit my parents) we had a longer conversation then we normally do and she asked where have I been because she hasn't seen me. She then told me she goes to school and work and takes care of kids but she quickly stated they not her kids.Then as I was getting ready to leaving she told me what time she comes in on Saturday next week as I'm over on that side of town every Saturday. Said to come in and she would give me her discount.

What does everyone think. I am terrible at telling so I was thinking if I go in and eat inside next week and she sits or try to conversate. I would just ask her a question like. "Hey Name, do you like me? I am only asking because I'm completely terrible at reading things like this and if you just want to be friends that's cool i would like that. If you do like me then let me know because I like to get to know you better if that's ok with you.". :/ Like i said terrible at these things.

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I would take that discount and free food and see where it goes. I really like direct people, and hey if she likes that too then you have a pair. But if she gets shocked by it then she might take a step back. Free food, man, how come I don't get those types of offers?

3. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I used to waitress, but I rarely gave random people free food. I occasionally wouldn't charge a regular who forgot their wallet, or wouldn't charge for 'extra bacon,' but I didn't just flat out give fandoms free food.

Why don't you just try to get to know her better and go from there? Swing by her shift regularly and take her up on the free food. Get to know her some. After awhile say 'hey, I really appreciate all the free food. Y'know how you said you love x, can I take you out to x as a thank you?' In other words, find a way to step things to the next level - getting to know her, connecting with her on social media, doing something with her outside of her work. It doesn't have to be a date, specifically, just spending more time with her socially to get a sense of things.

Good luck.

And damn, I want some free food too. Or coffee. Free coffee would be awesome.

Spygirl and greylin like this.
  4. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Yep, she likes you in some form. I mean the girl told you exactly when she's in next and tried to lure you in with a discount, along with disclosing a fair bit about herself in a short time span. Go get your free/discounted food and see where it goes. Good luck, keep us posted

greylin likes this.
  5. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

This thread makes me hungry...

Bluenote likes this.
  6. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Way back in the day I used to wait tables. I never gave people anything free or at a discount unless I liked them....

greylin and Bluenote like this.
  7. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I would be generous with extras and attentive to detail for regulars, but I did it to get better tips. If a regular liked pickles, I made sure their sandwich came out with two giant pickles. But, I didn't give out free food because a) it's stealing - I worked for a family business - and b) you get worse tips if the bill is lower.

Is it cheating on my wife to flirt with a barista to get free coffee? What if I share the coffee with my wife? She is a coffee fiend, she might actually approve this scheme...

greylin likes this.
  8. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Hahaha...where I worked, we got comped and/or discounted meals -- I was allowed to use the employee discount for friends/family. Often I didn't use my comped meal on myself (1 per shift)...(you can only eat so much pizza)...so if someone came to visit, I was allowed to use it....my boss didn't care that i would give it to someone else.

Come to think of that -- when I worked at a record store, we were allowed to use the employee discount for family members too. If friends wanted something, I'd buy it for them at my discount and they'd pay me back.

greylin likes this.