Why is she suddenly mean to me?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by vigilante, Sep 23, 2013.

1. vigilante

vigilante Well-Known Member

I've been hanging with this girl for quite a while, we were so close, like we sleep on the phone, go on dinners and she calls me best friend. She suddenly stopped talking to me after she met a girl on the internet and they're in a relationship.
    I am just baffled why sometimes when I post a status she posts a status which is somehow subtly attacking my previous status, It's like whatever I do irritates her. And when I talk to her she doesn't seem like the person I used to know, she's uninviting and dismissive. When we see each other she leaves away immediately, It's like I have a contagious disease. I don't think I did anything bad as I'm quite bubbly and I really treat her as my best friend. Plus I can see she's nice to our common friends.

2. Beyond Infinity

Beyond Infinity Well-Known Member

Because she doesn't need you anymore. There's only one thing to do in this case, forget about her. Sorry to say it like this, but these kind of people are some of the most disgusting human beings I have ever met. They are your friends until they get what they want, even if it was not from you, then they treat you like a wipe. I was almost best friends with someone, then once he got what he wanted from someone else, he didn't need me anymore. It kinda made me look like a fool and he was acting like a peaceful sheep with only good intentions. Don't bother anymore, if you have self respect and don't want to be hurt anymore.

3. lynds126

lynds126 Well-Known Member

No one can tell you what's really going on in her mind except her. So I don't think you should waste your time trying to figure that out. You'd have to ask her that =p

But I think the important thing is to ask yourself what you want to do in this current situation. It's clear you don't like the way she's acting. So maybe you should just go about your business, regardless of what she's doing. In the end, you can't control whatever is going on with her. But you can control how you react to it. Maybe the answer to your problem lies in that aspect.

I hope I said something at least a little helpful =33

4. vigilante

vigilante Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies! Actually the thing is.. I don't want to ask her coz like I said it's subtle, but I can feel it! Coz before when she gets mad at me for staying out late or not being able to talk to her, she does that, post something that is indirectly attacking me. And whenever she's mad, like doing the silent treatment and I ask if something's wrong, she always deny.

Actually I'm still the same. The joker. And I never treated her indifferently or act as if pissed even if she treats me differently now. I miss her, she was like my little sister.