Why Is It Hard to Make Friends Over 30?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Megha, Feb 28, 2015.

1. Megha

Megha Member

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
    Trista, statue and aussie_gabby like this.
  2. Salla

Salla Active Member

Thanks for the article!

And I agree. I'm 30 and I'm having a hard time making new friends in a new country. Especially people my age or older. It might have something to do with my personality, too, but definitely feel like it's difficult to just put myself in that state of mind. And I've become more picky. I want people who have similar interests and similar way of thinking in my life. I'm done trying to find a contact with people who are completely different from me. I need it to be easy. Maybe it's laziness, maybe I'm just done with all that drama.

And yes, I need more lesbians in my life! Haha.

3. Lon

Lon Member

I totally agree. The drama ugghh. I am in Cali and you would think it would be easier but I too am picky

Salla likes this.
  4. Salla

Salla Active Member

Yesss, the drama has just made me back up and be on my own. But right now, I'd really need a good group of friends around me to just be there, take me out of the house and have a laugh with. I suppose I was just excited to have my girlfriend be the perfect friend as well as my girlfriend, that for a while I didn't really even want or need new friends. Now that she's gone and changed to someone I don't even recognize anymore, I really do need more people in my life. But apparently I'm a sucky relationship and friendship person. Sigh!

5. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Well I know meetup often has groups for people looking to make friends. It just depends on what you're looking for. Lots of great women on this site looking to make new friends. I guess to depends what you're looking for

Salla likes this.
  6. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

I had a lot of trouble readjusting to life back home due to reverse culture shock. Like many other people who are on Meetup, it has totally changed my life. I actually have social activities to do and get to meet new people on a regular basis. A lot of people who are new to my city actually use it, and I've met others also in the same boat as me who have worked interstate or overseas for a while and when they return home, all their friends have families so it's harder to meet people. It's great! You should definitely try it. There are also gay and lesbian groups on it - or you can create your own and see how many people sign up for your group after you've posted a few events up. :)

Salla likes this.
  7. sela9

sela9 Well-Known Member

Join meetup groups. Also, when you go out talk to people and be really friendly in a non creepy way. I am very fortunate to be outgoing and don't have issues making friends, but I have many friends that struggle with it. I find everyone loves making new friends. If you are a fun, genuine, person then people will want to hang out with you. Put yourself out there. If you play sports then join a league. Sometimes gay bars have softball teams, flag football teams, etc..

Salla likes this.
  8. Salla

Salla Active Member

I had never heard of meetup.com before! Thanks everyone! I found at least a couple of groups in the area I live in England, and have RSVPd to a couple of events already. :) Being introverted and shy, this seems to be a great way to put myself out there! :)

Just Me and aussie_gabby like this.
  9. Lon

Lon Member

I am kinda in the "closet" but the meetup site I am interested wants a picture. How do I handle that? I just don't want people knowing my business

10. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

You can make your groups and interests private so only people in the gay group can see that you belong to that group and any other shared groups that you have.

11. Lon

Lon Member

Oh ok that would be perfect. Thank you