Why does my straight friend flirt with me?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by S6ixtyF4our, Aug 16, 2013.

1. S6ixtyF4our

S6ixtyF4our Member

She complaints me, always includes me into anything, likes to cuddle, while cuddling she'll wrap my arms around her, i sometimes catch her staring at me and she gives me long lasting hugs.

However, she can be like this to all of her friends men and women. But what confuses me is that she'll say things like "I don't care about those people we are more important", "I love your laugh.", " I love your face, your so cute!", "Do you love me?", "I thought I lost you, Dont leave me" and "can I be gay with you tonight?"

Last weekend, we hugged each other goodbye right after our walk at the park. When I let go, she held on so I hugged her again, then began slowly letting go but she kept holding on to me. So I squeeze back and then she let go.

She told me that people call her a flirt and she doesn't get why they call her that.

3 week s ago she met my best friend and she told me she doesn't like her. I asked why and she said " I don't know I thought she'll be outgoing and exciting. She's very quiet" when she was telling me this i thought to myself "someone like you?" I had a feeling she wanted ny best friend to be just like herself. I told her "you just met her, give it time. She can be a very talkative person."

Was that a sign of jealously? And also last month she had a fling with a guy she met I asked her if it was serious and she said no it was just for fun. So am I her next target?

Oh and one time we were on a camping trip and I went to go take a shower After my hike. When I met up with her I told her I took a shower and she got all defended. I asked her"why do you get so mad when I go to the bathroom without you? Do you always need some one to go with you?" she said "because i want to go with you."

2. Pokie2192

Pokie2192 Member

Re: Why does my straight friend flirt with me...

She could be bi-curious. She has these feelings and she wants to experience them with you. She is giving you signals and hoping you act on them. I had the same experience with my best friend. We had a push-me-pull-me relationship for three years. In the end I got my heart broke. Once I decided we were never going to be I moved on. It took her a couple years to accept it., but we are back to being best friends.

3. S6ixtyF4our

S6ixtyF4our Member

The thing is I don't want be someone's experiment. Sure she flirts with me and I like the attention but I kept telling myself "shes straight, and she flirts with everyone else that shes close with" how am I any different?

This happened to me before with my best friend, I thought she liked me back because I had a crush on her. When I confront her about it she said "I only see you as a sister", i dont want to be rejected again.

4. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Well, I often encountered girls like that...the flirty girls and I would wonder. Like you, the first few times I asked and was told, like you, that it didn't mean anything..

Over time as I experienced the flirty girl a lot, and now I take it as a rule of thumb, if they appear to flirt with you AND with everybody else, they don't mean it. In fact, they don't see what they do as flirting, and often react with some surprise and/or irritation if people misunderstand their behavior.

So no, I don't think it means anything special. It appears that she is not shy or backwards in coming forwards. So, if she can say all those flirty things to you, don't you think she would be able to tell you if she likes you or kiss you or whatever? I think she would dude.

So I think you need to take it all with a pinch of salt and if you fear that her behavior will make you like her in 'that' way, just put some boundaries in place so that she doesn't cross the lines. Reclaim your physical space, or say things like 'you can only hold my hand if you wanna be my gf'. See what she does...if she holds ur hand, that says something. If she doesn't, she will know that hand holding means something different to you than it does to her and it will give her boundaries. Or put her on the spot, like 'what do you mean by that' when she says something flirty or suggestive...

Or plan B, ask her if she likes you.

5. S6ixtyF4our

S6ixtyF4our Member

Thank You for the advice.