where did everything go?

Discussion in 'AE & Site-Related Specific' started by anonymous17, Jul 8, 2013.

1. anonymous17

anonymous17 New Member

Um....

I think I missed something somewhere along the line. I logged in about a week and a half ago and didn't see any announcement of impending change, or any encouragement to save any messages etc. that we might not want to lose. When I signed on a few days ago everything had changed, but more importantly I seem to have lost my profile, friends list and all messages sent and received.

Is everyone in the same boat? If not....is someone able to tell me how to retrieve those things? I did email the tech help email given in the other post but still haven't had any response.

Any help much appreciated.

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

AE nuked them and you can't get them back. We're all in the same boat.

3. RVT

RVT Well-Known Member

There were a number of warnings in announcements made up until the change. You won't be able to retrieve PMs - they are gone.

As for forum content - once the archives are up, you will be able to peruse old topics. As I understand it, these new forums will not be populated with their content, disappointingly.

Your account is still your account. You can change your username from Anonymous to whatever it was before via your profile. You will have to populate your profile again though.

4. Skaij

Skaij Member

Hi there,

I was following some stories, will they still be in the archives?

I like the site :)

Greetzz Skaij

5. Liv_

Liv_ Member

WTF ah it wasn't that bad before, deleting profiles and everything was a bit much...it's very pink. I'll reserve judgement until I have gone to the hassle of rewriting my profile, though to be fair it probably did need an update.

6. vasca

vasca Member

Where is the old AE?
    I would like to tell her thanks.
    For letting me laugh,think,play... and at the same time, introduce me to amazing people.Some of them become good friends,some others remain a good memory,and very few didn't get to know me at all.
    Most of all,old AE...I want to thank you for my love.We started playing,and before we knew,we were in love.
    She is an amazing woman,who makes my heart jump with every smile.
    We are getting married in a few days.We are happy.
    So,dear old AE,thank you for the good times we spent together.
    Good Bye.

P.S.: New Ae...you suck.

7. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Congrats, Vasca, on your impending nuptials. I like the new AE forums format. I actually find it easier to use and somehow the tone even friendlier. I am though, befuddled by the social networking part of the new AE. During my early days on AE, I created a profile just to impose my opinions on the forums, and never expected the social networking part of it. And when it happened, it was just the right amount of networking. I never felt I had to "keep up" like it is on fb or google+. I felt like I had a lot of privacy and not have so many hooks onto everything I do like on other networking sites. It was friendly and easy going. If I felt like it I would update my one video. I would mess around on a few people's walls or say happy holidays to my buddies.

So I am glad, Vasca that you have met your fiance here. In a world where my sexuality's acceptance can whiplash between extremes, where I am either a sexual deviant or some straight woman's choice desert, this is a place I can find comfort amongst friends. I owe AE a debt of gratitude and I would never say bad things about it. However, I do miss the old way to network with others. I didn't know what I had before and I wish to have it again.

8. Progressive82

Progressive82 Active Member

I know I'm obsessing about this, a bit, but I visited the Written Word (Books) Forum over Memorial Day, and there were tons more threads for tons more books, including older classics like Annie on My Mind.

I did read the rule about duplication, and I didn't want to start a new thread unless the old one(s) was/were definitely gone.

9. Harpy

Harpy Well-Known Member

Post whatever you like. If it's not here now then it wouldn't be a duplicate. :)

10. Softpants-Niceshirt

yeah, the site went totally weird. I am basically boycotting the new style as its not inviting at all.This is my 2nd visit since the change (I was hoping it failed so hard that it had to revert). I guess I'll be getting my gay news else wheres... which sucks cause ive been visiting this site for years :( WHY AE?

11. crabbygirl

crabbygirl Well-Known Member

Still not liking this new look! Sorry ladies Just not use to it! Is their a way we can get the old look back?