What's my sexualityyyyyyyyyyyyy :0

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by Claire.A.T, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Claire.A.T

Claire.A.T New Member

So I'm just a little confused.... and I was hoping someone can help me figure this out lol
    I've always known that I'm not straight and sexually, I'm been attracted to both women and men
    But I've only fallen in love with girls before
    Maybe I haven't met the right guy... but still I don't really think so...
    Is that even a thing? :(((
    Am I like bisexual? Subconsciously just afraid to be full-on lesbian? (pretty comfortable in my skin so I don't think so :p) Pansexual? help a baby dyke out here...

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

There are different kinds of attraction - sexual, romantic, etc... It is possible to be sexually attracted to someone, but not fall in love, or feel any kind of romantic attraction. It is possible that you are bisexual, but only feel physical attraction to men. It is also possible that one day you will meet a guy and fall in love with him. It is possible that you will never fall in love with a man, but may enjoy having casual encounters.

3. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

To what Bluenote said, I add: why does it matter?

If you're cool with being attracted to men and women, and open to dating men and women, and self-aware enough to recognize that you tend to fall in love with women (and therefore have a pretty clear sense of what love feels like)... it seems like you have everything you need to successfully navigating dating and relationships. Use the words that make you feel honest and comfortable; precise label optional.

(I have dated approximately the same number of men and women. I have fallen hard for the women at twice the rate of the men. Why? I don't know - I communicate better with them, maybe, or feel more comfortable, or am actually more attracted to them. Whatever my position on the Kinsey scale, I call myself queer and go with the flow.)

Wild Orchid, shezam and Nancy like this.
  4. wonderlust

wonderlust Well-Known Member

Technically, people would describe me as a butch based on my appearance but I hardly fit the bill. I pursue relationships with women although I am sexually attracted to men at times. When I was younger it sort of got me confused but as I got more comfortable with who I am as a person, I realized that the labels are really not that important--- I think it tends to matter for others because people find the need to categorize as a cognitive mechanism to understand social dynamics and constructs.

I say, focus more on who you want to be with, at the end of the day it's who you're into and if they're into you as well that counts.

shezam likes this.