What would you do if your friend/crush just came out to you??

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by kleksakru, Jul 25, 2016.

1. kleksakru

kleksakru New Member

So here's the thing: I’ve been out for about 4 years now, have gone out with girls before but have yet to have a girlfriend. I have a plethora of gay friends and I’m not closeted whatsoever. Anyway, I befriended this girl over a year ago who i thought was cute and totally set my gaydar off..she had a bf at the time and it was easy to ignore my feelings for her because I wasn’t about to let myself have feelings for a straight girl and besides, she’s a really great friend and overall person and we share a lot of the same interests…but now my problem is that she came out to me about a week ago (over text) and my feelings wasted no time bubbling back up to the surface again and now I really can’t think straight! I was the first friend of hers she told and we’ve been texting and snapping since then (don’t know if I’d say more than usual bc it’s normal for us to talk frequently for a period of time on and off) but we made a plan to hang out at the end of the summer (the soonest we could due to circumstances). And I’m smart enough to know I should give her some space for a while to figure herself out ..so I guess what I need advice on is when do you think it would be appropriate to start kind of flirting/dropping hints that I kinda like her? And what would I look for to know if she maybe likes me back?? I know it’s kind of a silly question but when I’m crushing on someone I can’t pick up hints for shit (mostly because my brain keeps thinking I have no chance which I want to avoid and stay positive!)

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

For now, just keep texting with her and being supportive.

If she initiates - flirts, hints around - then flirt back.

Don't start trying to put the moves on her until you see her in person. That way you can do more, but most importantly you can see her reactions better.

If you are unsure if she is flirting, you can always post again and ask our opinions.

Sometimes friends get stuck in the friend zone. Sometimes friends wind up dating, then get married (like yours truly).

Good luck and keep us posted.

kleksakru and Spygirl like this.
  3. kleksakru

kleksakru New Member

4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

That's cool. Feel free to tag me in an update or pm me. Sometimes updates get lost in all the new threads.

And good luck.

5. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

Did she come out as bi or lesbian? If she came out as bi, she might be still with her boyfriend and it's not cool to take advantage of her even though she's asking for your company. Flirting should be out of the question, to be honest 'cause she's just started accepting herself AND she's a friend. I feel like she should better stay your friend because from what I'm getting is that it all happened when she came out which in your head translates as to a possible love interest. Don't go there, it's usually not worth it 'cause it normally ends badly. Friends are harder to find than dates, casual hook ups and even relationships, despite that it might seem otherwise.

6. kleksakru

kleksakru New Member

7. Lily65

Lily65 Member

She has come out to me several times in my fascinations . ;););)
    Aaah , dramatically speaking, I will put my arms around her, draw her close to me, bump our forehead and whisper, I love you.
    If I were u, I would support her first, and give signs that I am into it and in two days I will come out to her. Because I wouldn't want her to go find someone else, when I am here.

8. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

She may have come out to you because she knows you're gay and not because she's into you. She may just want a mutual minded friend. Only time will tell,

Frazier likes this.