What to wear?! (femme who likes boyish clothe...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Dee, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Dee

Dee Member

Hi.
    So recently I started trying to narrow down my taste in women, what kind of girl I'm attracted to..yada yada..I realized that I'm more into tomboyish girls, androgynous girls, even butch...I'm just not into femmes much. The problem is (per a fellow lesbian), I tend to like to wear less girly outfits. My question is..Is this a problem for you Tommy's out there? I typically like to wear your average teenage skater shirts, skinny jeans, chucks, and hoodies. Yes, I wear girly things, but if I can't wear my chucks with it, I'm probably not rocking it. I hate glitter, nail polish, and lipstick. I am just a low maintenence femme near the middle of the femme/butch spectrum. And before you guys give me the 'if she really likes you, she wouldn't care...' speech, I'm talking about hanging out at the bar, will I get noticed if I tend to dress more tomboyish.

2. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Re: What to wear?! (femme who likes boyish cl...

Forget about the clothes, wear whatever you like, there's nothing special about wearing some specifically textile on your skin, anyone can do it and be the same like anyone else, get it ? that wouldn't make you any different from the others. If you have charisma and you can make a great atmosphere, then you might wake up being courted by many, if that's what you'd like.

3. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

"will I get noticed if I tend to dress more tomboyish." that depends... and as Raiden says, Charisma counts. If you are in a bar in which everyone looks the same- then you won't be noticed.

How I meet my girl: She was wearing a guys jacket, pants, 2 layers of blouse, vest and a lose tie. She was "NOT" girlie, almost no makeup. She's a tomboy and was out fishing for girls. I was dressed to kill.

You want to get noticed? Dance, be social. But the crowd you hang out may determine what you wear as well. You generally don't want to look like a skater with a mohawk going into a country-western bar. Other than come gay country-dance clubs :)

I see ALL types of women at lesbian clubs. Black, white, asian - ghetto, lip-stick, tom-boy, avg, casual, suits. I've helped one of my friends with suits, as she does look quite nice in them.

Dress for what you want or the kind of person who would be attracted to you.
    Like this cute young woman with a friend of mine... She flashed her boobs next him. A typical girlie-dance club outfit. Then she told me she had a penis. Fooled me... she was a hottie. I was amused that this straight guy was with this "girl". An hour later, he's dancing with a real girl... he thought about it apparently.

My girl dresses androgynous sometimes, maybe a stud, maybe a girl - depending on how she's feeling. There are all kinds of variables out there. In the end, its your personality that is going to lead to anything.

4. Dee

Dee Member

Thank you. That's great advice. I'm learning to compromise and find something that makes me feel sexy without all the frou frou. So far it's working. I think I was just afraid that girls wouldn't know I was a lesbian by just looking at me unless I dressed like a boy...true story.

5. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

Good. Continue to add to your GOING OUT collection.

I'll admit, unless its obvious - most lesbians dress like... well, like women.