What to do for the 2 weeks?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by klyleonardo, Sep 30, 2015.

1. klyleonardo

klyleonardo Member

Hi friends, I'm in need of a little bit of suggestions/advice here. Anything constructive is welcome and thank you in advance!

So I just started this new job and met this really interesting girl there. After finding out she's gay and single I proceeded to ask her out, to which she basically said yes but told me that she's pretty busy in general and that I'm in charge of coming up with what we do (she doesn't like coffee, I already tried that. And she claims that she's "the most boring person ever" after saying she doesn't like coffee.) I also got her number and permission to text her.

After I got off work I sent her a text saying that if she could give me her general availability it would be great, and she responded saying that she "definitely will" but that she probably wouldn't have much spare time until about 2 weeks later due to exams and other things (I work on a college campus and we're both students.) She also appears to be not very good at responding to texts right away, but does respond about 90% of the time.

So, my question is what should I do for those 2 week-ish of time? Definitely don't want to come on too strong here. Thanks!

2. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Um...she's working and studying, I'm assuming she is genuinely busy ergo her not responding to texts right away is normal human behaviour. The fact you worked out a rough percentage of instantaneous replies is a little more concerning than her lack of speed.

Studying for exams isn't the best time to be firing off texts constantly. Personally I'd leave it a few days between, keep it casual. She knows you're interested and she's busy, let her dictate how much time she has for texting. And spent the 2 weeks not on the phone thinking of something cool to do that you'll both like to do when she's in a less stressed time.

sela9 and Bluenote like this.
  3. klyleonardo

klyleonardo Member

That is actually pretty good advice :) I didn't exactly round off the percentage on purpose though, it was more like I just noticed that she responds more often than not, even though they take a while. And definitely agree with you that her texting habit right now is normal, things can really get crazy half way through the semester!

Again, thanks for that :) I think some part of me was just looking for reassurance

Emm likes this.
  4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Ipso facto, play it cool. (sorry, little inside joke there).

I agree with @Emm , just text a little, but don't bother her. If you seem to be the one always initiating, then don't text very much. If it is more even, then yeah, leave a few days between.

When my wife and I were first dating, she was 'busy with school.' I didn't want to seem unsupportive, so I didn't text her very much. School was important to her and I didn't want to come off like that girl who is always trying to get you to blow off studying. She appreciated that I knew how important school was to her.

5. sela9

sela9 Well-Known Member

Yah maybe wait until after the 2 weeks is up and then let her make plans with you. Ask her how her exams went and throw it out that you guys should go celebrate by hanging out. If she makes plans then she is into it, if she doesn't say a day or blows you off then she isn't into it.