What should you do when you are attracted to ...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Love*Cali, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Love*Cali

Love*Cali Well-Known Member

I'm a server. I had a female customer today who made my stomach drop when she looked up at me. I was nervous/giddy for the majority of the time she was there. She reminded me of someone I'd once fallen for, which I'm sure is why I had such a reaction. She had beautiful blue-gray eyes, a thin, pointed nose and rather dark hair. I just wanted to stare at her. I didn't; I looked at her only when communicating her order or her food. I made myself act as though she was any other customer and I refused to look interested. I probably came across as less friendly with them than with my other tables. She was with a guy. If that was her date; I think she could have done much better...I've never had this reaction to a customer before. I've twice had a male customer give me their number or ask if I would take them out. Of course, I wasn't interested in those instances. It probably isn't even likely a customer I'm attracted to is bisexual or lesbian...

What is acceptable in this work situation if something like this happens again?

2. Eva Mac

Eva Mac Well-Known Member

Re: What should you do when you are attracted...

Well try not to be unfriendly, lol you're only doing your own personality an injustice then, and confusing people. I don't know, if it's only a once-off visit from the person is it such a big deal? Or will you have to deal with her/them again?

I'm not sure what exactly the problem is really, I don't think it's any harm to be friendly with her, it's not like she's going to be psychic and instantly know you're attracted to her. When I was a waitress I used to flirt when I felt like it, but then at the time I didn't care if I lost my job, so maybe not the best example.

What exactly is worrying you about it?