What should I do if I've fallen in love with my best friend but he says he doesn't like me back

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by Rssm, Oct 19, 2016.

?

What should I do ?

Poll closed Oct 20, 2016.
  1. Get over him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Avoid him

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Rssm

Rssm New Member

Basically I've liked my friend for a year and everyone thought he liked me and knew I liked him and said we flirted all the time and over the summer he met a girl in Italy and she lives in the Netherlands and he told her she was pretty but didn't really talk to her. Now they just message each other every day like I do with him and he handy even asked her to be his girlfriend they both are just saying they are. We have lately got closer since I told him I like him as he felt so guilty for hurting me and now we are best friends and we talk everyday and everyone says he likes me but he says he doesn't so I'm trusting that he doesn't but I don't know how to get over him as I am pretty much in love with him he doesn't even realise. He is so infatuated with this girl and Is probably eventually going to fall in love with her without even knowing any of her flaws or her true personality, I have warned him though but I've decided it's better to see him happy with her than without anyone. All of his friends and my friends want us to get together and we just avoid it but we both go red. I don't really know what to do to be honest?

2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

First off...this is a lesbian board. But whatever.

Secondly, you MUST take him at face value. If he says he doesn't like you, he doesn't like you...end.of.story. Until he tells you otherwise, there is nothing you can do to change his mind.

Let it go. Move on.

TheScandinavian, greylin and Bluenote like this.
  3. Lauren_1989

Lauren_1989 Active Member

Actually, this is a LGBT site and so we should welcome everyone. We don't know that the OP isn't a bisexual female.

I would distance myself from your friend. It seems like he has strong feelings for this girl and it will only hurt you to see him fall in love with her, if that's the way it is going. If he says he hasn't got feelings for you then you have to move on and time and distance are usually the best remedy. Don't give yourself false hope by talking to him or seeing him everyday.

TheScandinavian and greylin like this.
  4. Rssm

Rssm New Member

Thank you for answering even though I'm not lesbian, I am bisexual. it is very hard to avoid him as we go to school together but I understand completely that I should get over him really, as I know I will just get hurt in th end.