What next?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Namc, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Namc

Namc Member

Hi all,
    Don't know where to start this but I will try.

Yesterday I told my best friend and housemate that I have a crush on her. She is straight. She says it's okay as long as it doesn't affect our good friendship. I said it will soon pass but deep down I know it won't.

I have a date this week and she said that would be the perfect distraction from her. I told her that I couldn't even think of going on a date while thinking of someone else, her. I asked her if she is 100% straight and she said yes and that she could never be with a woman as she likes men too much. I feel sick.

I also feel better that I told her but I don't know what to do from here. I mean, I will be living with her, but wanting her all the time, knowing it could never happen. When I saw her this morning, I nearly burst into tears.

I just need some words on how to cope from here and if anyone has been in this situation. How did they move on while living with their crush?

Thanks xx