What do you think

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by VickyG, May 6, 2019.

1. VickyG

VickyG New Member

Hi everyone. Sorry if my English is not perfect. I'm from Greece. I'm 34 and there was always this question in my head that i never got to answer. If any of you have an experience or even an answer I would love your help. So, I consider myself straight but sometimes I have "girl crushes" but only in my imagination. What I mean is that I may meet a girl and make a love story in my mind over and over again. Imagine kissing etc. But when I'm close to her in real life I really don't feel any attraction. Zero. I also love lesbian story lines on tv and some really turn me on. I just never felt any of these for real. Only in my head. I also once flirted with a girl online and it was awesome, but I can't consider it real life.
    So what do you think? Should I explore it further and try to find out If I'm really gay. Or stick with having fun in my head or chatrooms and continue having relationships with men?

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Hi VickyG:

I think it is hard to know unless you really fall for someone. That what you are feeling is not just a romantic story where you play a role that makes a girl swoon. You said you cannot consider it in real life, does it mean it is not something that would actually excite you in real life? Do you feel this connection with women that you find romantic and sexual?

May I suggest that when you flirt with a girl online, let her know what is going on with you so that she knows you are just flirting? Some hearts can be fragile and it would just be a nice thing to do.

Good luck and welcome to AE.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  3. VickyG

VickyG New Member

Thank you for your reply. You are so right and although I was clear about it and it was ok at first, feelings cannot be controled and someone always wants something more. That's why I never did that online flirting again but I do feel like I miss it.

When I'm close to the woman that I may have dreamed about I never feel that attraction. Maybe I supress the emotions? I don't really know.
    I did remember recently, there was a girl in high school that everytime she kissed me on the cheek I felt electrified but I never really thought about it or felt like this again. I even forgot about it until recently.
    Anyway, it feels good I could discuss it with someone. Thank you for your time. Nice to be here!

greylin likes this.