Wanting to BE me

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by elphie_mx, Jun 28, 2014.

1. elphie_mx

elphie_mx Member

Hey! Just two years ago I realised I am gay but just till today i fully accept it and star being proud. Unfortunately, my parents would die if I ever come out to them but i really want to start living and experimenting life. Sometimes I feel guilt thinking of how my parents will react but i just want to BE.

This the first baby step to start being and living as a gay woman. I'm eager but really anxious too.

Any thoughts?

2. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

Welcome to the road of queer, step one is realization, step two is acceptance, step three is ... Wait there are no steps.

You'll find in life that the people who really care about YOU, don't care about your sexuality. This includes your parents, they might be shocked/angered/disgusted/whatever negative, or they might be completely understanding and supportive. Just remember if they are negative and denounce you or whatever, one day your wife will make you a lot happier in life then they'll ever know anyways.

3. key

key Member

elphie,
    I've been partially out (my mom, brothers, sisters, and a few friends) for a while now, but I'm still finding it hard to be open with other people in my life...mostly my dad and at work. I used to feel the same way you did, but eventually I had to just jump in and take a chance. I started with a few of my friends that I knew wouldn't think twice about it because either they were gay themselves or they were very open-minded. I didn't tell my mom until I had a girlfriend. She freaked out at first, but eventually she came around. My biggest problem is at work. Just last week someone asked me if I had a boyfriend. I said no and then they said do you want one? Perfect opportunity to say something, right? But, all I said was no.

I guess my main point here is that it's a process and everyone's is different. Also, I agree with what Just Me said...the people that truly care about you won't care about who you want to be with.