Visiting Barranquilla. How to get internet?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by retireeman001, Jan 28, 2018.

1. retireeman001

retireeman001 New Member

I just retired from my job and now I’m planning on spending a part of my retirement money for travel and relaxation. My first destination is Barranquilla, Colombia. My friend joined a romance singles tour there before and suggested the place so I trusted his judgement and booked a flight. I’ll be staying there for a month. It’s going to be a long time so I need a decent internet connection to keep up with everything that’s going on back home. I also need it to continue checking on my investment even if I’m miles away.

My plan is to find a rental home for the duration of my visit but I will be initially staying in a hotel. I’m already in communication with someone from Airbnb. Unfortunately, he can’t provide free internet connection. I need a way to connect to the internet somehow. Local mobile data, wireless broadband, anything at all.

Are there prepaid internet services in the city? Can a foreign guy apply for a temporary connection from a local ISP? I need help.