Valentine's Day

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Fiana, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Fiana

Fiana Active Member

So what do you do when your ex-girlfriend (we know there's an ex, and then there's THE ex, and she's that one), texts you at 9am on Valentine's Day to tell you how much she misses the one who came AFTER you because you're friends now and she can tell you this kind of stuff?

....Besides swim to the bottom of a bottle, that is.

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Sorry that she did that. It is one of those things that you want to tell her to eff off but you are too nice to. I hope you didn't hit the bottle too much, that stuff is depressing when you are already sad. I would tell her the morning after that in general it is difficult for you to hear that from her. Nice is nice, but you need boundaries.

3. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

There are some exes that I happily talk about relationships with because we've totally moved on and there's no way we'd get together ever again, however if you're not at that stage yet then just let her be and possibly define boundaries if you're still friends and it's making you feel really uncomfortable.

4. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

My the ex. lol. and I are still really close. shes like my best friend. And we do talk about personal stuff, and sometimes our relationships a little... But I would never send her a text like that... And I like to think she would never send me something like that as well.

Although sometimes I do hear stuff I would rather not. I think her and I both make a point to weigh out... how much we wanna say something... and just how much the other person wants to hear it.

Because we are friends and don't want to hurt one another, we think about if what were going to say to one another would hurt.

I have a bf and she has a gf... we do discuss them some... but its not like were sitting there gushing over how much we love them and blah blah blah.... why? because we respect each others feeling.

my heart does go out to you though.... I can only imagine the tone that set for your V-Day. :cry:

5. Raiden

Raiden Well-Known Member

Usually my reaction to these things would be sarcastic with a tendency of aggressiveness, but it also depends on the person and situation. She is doing that on purpose, no one does that by mistake. So, if she wants to hurt you like this, make fun (fine irony) of what bothers her, the absence of her exgirlfriend; trust me, I'm a professional when it comes to devilish things. She will eventually learn that is not nice to play with someone's feelings, if, she truly misses her ex and not using the occasion to make you feel bad.