Unsure if I should expect things to get serio...

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by MisMashed, Aug 19, 2013.

1. MisMashed

MisMashed Well-Known Member

I'll try to keep things as anonymous as possible...but I met a girl online and we started chatting a couple of months ago. We met for the first date in early July and have been on about 5 or 6 dates so far, and text every day. I am become (cautiously) more and more interested in her, and I'm hoping things progress but I'm not sure they would. First of all her profile said "looking for dating but nothing serious", or something along those lines. On the other hand, in the beginning, she texted something along the lines of "who knows, maybe this just might be a happy ending for me" (in reference to us, after explaining her previous failed relationship with another girl). She is also not very out and open (neither and I...though I am more "out" than she is) and she said she would NEVER tell her family about dating a girl. She is also very shy about PDA, so everything feels SUPER hidden. In the last month we have kissed a couple of times, but nothing long or passionate.
    Anyhow, it has basically been about 2 months with 5 or 6 dates, and not much progress, in my opinion. She is leaving Italy for 3 months very soon, so I'm not sure if she would want to enter a relationship right now. I have asked some of my friends what I should do, a couple of people said not to rush things or get serious with her, while others say after 5 dates it is automatically serious (which I disagree with as we have not discussed it at all).
    I really like her and would be thrilled to enter a relationship, but not sure if she is on the same page. I know I haven't given many details, but from the bits of info I've shared, what do you think? Is the interested?

2. J

J Well-Known Member

Re: Unsure if I should expect things to get s...

I would say she's interested but only casually. Like you said she is leaving in a few months, you've been on several dates yet haven't even kissed passionately. She is still in the closet so she's still very shy, but still, she seems to be holding back even in private, that's another sign that you shouldn't expect much. She even stated herself in her profile that she doesn't want anything serious, probably because she's leaving soon and also exploring her sexuality and doesn't want to commit to one person just yet. If you like being in her company, enjoy it for what it is. If you expect more, you're only going to get hurt. Trust me, I know how expectations can break your heart. It's still early, so cut your losses while you can, if you try to continue this after she leaves, it's only going to hurt worse.

3. MisMashed

MisMashed Well-Known Member

Re: Unsure if I should expect things to get s...

You're very right, and those are my thoughts exactly...I'm lucky, in that I haven't fallen head over heels yet, but I see myself become more and more interested with each date. I am keeping myself at arms length though, because the last thing I need is to feel hurt when she leaves. Thanks for the feedback :)