Unité 9

Discussion in 'TV' started by Blue_turtle, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Blue_turtle

Blue_turtle New Member

Hello,

I'm new in this forum even if I visit regurlarly for a few years now.
    I'll just precise that english is not my native language, so sorry if sometimes I make mistakes or express myself poorly.

Well I'm here because, like my title say so, I regret that no one is speaking about the tv show "Unité 9" anymore.
    There's been an article a couple of years ago on the site but since then nothing. And I think it's regretable.
    I mean I know it's not in english but you've recap or at least talked about foreign shows I believe?
    I think everyone would like this show, it's based in a female prison, characters are great and there's a ton of lesbians! It's a different approach than Orange is the new black or Wentworth, less dramatic, less dark you can really relate to the characters. They have less tragic past, more anchored to the "real" world. You think I could be in that prison when you watching it. There would be a lot to say about Unité 9 but I'm not going to write a monologue (well I'm already kind of doing that...).

So I will finish saying that if some charitable canadian (québécoises) would be nice enough to translate the dialogues it would be very cool or if some of the english speakers have some notions of french don't hesitate to try it!

Well, thank you for reading me and see you on the forum, maybe talking about Unité 9!

P-S : I just saw that an english remake is maybe coming, I'm not sure how I feel about that...

602231_373284629450942_1739567035_n.jpg
    10418926_611974915581911_7032870093807891518_n.jpg
    10604485_629353030510766_5613896315176791973_o.jpg

2. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

@Moses got me into this one, but just from whatever was on youtube. My French is...patchy but there's plenty of clips with subtitles. I must admit I've probably got behind mainly because I was feeling a bit over prisoned what with Wentworth, OITNB and then Unite 9.

3. Blue_turtle

Blue_turtle New Member

Yes I understand there have been a lot a prison shows made recently but like I said this one is kind of different. Of course it's still prison, with it's share of sad stories but it's set in Canada in a totally different environment from OITNB or Wentworth, plus those two are off right now, so...

4. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Exactly! Maybe I need to pick it back up