Uninterested in Dating

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by overtheriver, May 30, 2014.

1. overtheriver

overtheriver Active Member

Has anyone ever experienced having a complete lack of interest in dating/relationships? I don't mean being asexual. And I think even people who don't want children or to get married still at least date casually or hook-up. I mean is it really strange to not want to do any of it? I'm not in my 20's anymore and its been many years since I could even imagine wanting to date someone. I just realized it, and from everything I see around me, its really odd... Is it really odd?

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I don't think it is odd like there is something strange about it. It is unusual because you are in the minority. Some people are just not into romantic relationships. That is ok, really and you are just fine the way you are. :)

3. plays.on.safe.side

I know how you feel... Or maybe it's just that I've just given up!!! I live in a very small town and there's no one, everyone that I know from around here that is gay or lesbian have moved to a larger city. Because it is difficult to deal with the constant talking behind your back and gossip!!!

4. Cricket

Cricket Well-Known Member

I am in my mid twenties and have no interest in the marriage/children scenario. I don't see it in my future. I have had two serious long term relationships and at this point I wouldn't have a problem with falling in love with new people for the rest of my life. I can't imagine having that moment where I meet THE woman that I will spend forever with. I just don't believe in forever...not any more, at least.

5. RVT

RVT Well-Known Member

What are your reasons for not wanting to date, OP? Have you always felt this way?

6. overtheriver

overtheriver Active Member

ugh, sorry i've been away and haven't checked this. well if RVT or anyone reads this, its not something I've thought much about. I don't know that I've always felt this way, I have had relationships in the past, but they just sort of happened. I never went out pursuing it. At this point in my life I'm not meeting people that I have any sort of emotional or physical interest in. It doesn't really bother me, but it occurred to me a few weeks ago that its rather strange I don't care or think about it. I'm not like super busy and focused on my career or anything like that, but still I haven't dated anyone in many many years. Other people I know are concerned if they're single for more than a few months. I don't consider myself asexual and I'm not opposed to marriage and relationships or anything like that. I just don't think about it or care much. Its good to know I'm not the only one. It certainly feels like it sometimes.