UEFA Women's Euro 2013

Discussion in 'International' started by Kaliba, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Eva Mac

Eva Mac Well-Known Member

Hej Swedes :) Goodluck today, I'll be rooting for your team, enjoy the atmosphere!

Took me a while to recover from the penalties the other day :(

2. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

Thanks! I'm in Gothenburg now! Crazy nervous... Those Germans are scary xD

Yeah, poor France :(

3. Eva Mac

They are scary, but I don't think they're quite the team they used to be, so I think this is a good chance for Sweden as long as they don't let them intimidate them :)

4. yoo-yoo

yoo-yoo Well-Known Member

I'm not a big fan of Germany right now :( Still proud of our team tho!!

5. Eva Mac

I'm so sorry yoo-yoo and Kaliba! They fought so hard :cry: . You should be very proud of them though!

6. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

*sigh* I feel so... I don't know... empty!?! Seeing all the players afterwards was so sad :cry: I just can't... I'm speechless.
    It was a tough loss..I don't think Germany were better than us yesterday, but were lucky I guess... Wasn't too happy with the referee at times either.
    Ugh, not as excited to go to Stockholm for the final anymore. Hopefully on Sunday, after a few days of recovering, I can still appreciate it though.

Was at the second semi-final today.. First half was terrible in my opinion, I was really bored :S But then it got really exciting. I was rooting for Denmark though, so that's a shame. But anyway, let's hope Norway can give the germans a good game, even though after seeing them today I feel like it's gonna be way too easy for Germany.

7. yoo-yoo

Yeah I feel you! Still disappointed.. But hopefully Norway can step up their game today.

Are you ready for the final?

8. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

The internet on my phone was so bad yesterday so couldn't go on here. I really enjoyed the final though, we had amazing seats and it was really exciting to be there. Norway played a lot better than in the semis in my opinion, especially the first half. Felt like they got a bit tired later on but still well done. Such a shame they didn't make it all the way though :(
    I really enjoyed fanzone before the game, with the 03-gang :D

Did you enjoy it? :)

What did you think about the half time celebration? I wanted it to be much longer, was a bit disappointed, I know they didn't want to take too much focus off of the final but still, could've at least introduced the players... Oh well. So happy for Lotta and mostly Fischer, for the golden and silver boot. Yay!

Sad that it is now over, back to real life again :/

9. yoo-yoo

We didn't go to the Fan Zone :(

I didn't really think the final were that good, in my opinion both France and Sweden are so much better... But Norway played so much better than before! But missing two penalty shots... yeah Angerer is really good but still.. I was watching getting a drink when Norway got their second penalty shot and we were standing in line so I watched it on TV but I was watching it with Lisa Dahlqvist so I was happy about that haha

Yeah I thought it was too short too and we were on the wrong side so we didn't see them that good :(

I know!! What am I supposed to do know? lol Need to go and watch games in the Damallsvenskan now haha

10. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

You stood next to Dala!?!? OMG I'm so jealous :( She seems cool!
    Why didn't you go to Fanzone? I got to speak with Caroline Jönsson, Kicki Bengtsson and Frida Östberg.. I felt like a little kid again, was so excited! Loved that 03 team

And I agree with you, they weren't the best teams but it was still fun being there.

I need to go to some damallsvenskan games as well.. Heja Malmö ;)
    Heard rumors that Fischer might leave Linköping for Germany next season!?! Sure hope she stays :/ cause we need some "skånepower" up here as well, hehe

11. yoo-yoo

Haha I know!! I was pretty happy about that, the best thing about the final lol I saw one of the Hammarström twins too, well I'm pretty sure I saw both of them, one at the Central station when we were waiting for the train and the other one with Dala. But I like Dala more haha

I don't know, we were getting lunch in the city and then we missed the first train so we had to wait for like half an hour and after that it was time to go to the stadium. Haha that's great!!

Yeah it was still really awesome to watch the final! We were kind of in a hurry after the game tho, so we pretty much left right after the game. But we had to drive home and my friend had to be at work at 5am the next day. We weren't home until like midnight anyway..

Nooo, not Malmö :p Göteborg FC all the way haha (even tho I kind of like Lina Nilsson and Sjögran but shh) How come you like Malmö and not Linköping? I think it would be pretty good for her to play in Germany for a bit tho but I get it! I was not happy when Dala and Sembrant left Göteborg for Tyresö... and then Christen Press too :( I really hope Olivia Schough stays

12. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

Have you seen the 'inför EM' with Dala? I find her very funny in that one, haha.

Well you didn't miss much after the game - mostly Germans celebrating...not that fun.

I do like Linköping but I'm born and raised in skåne so gotta support Malmö :p I moved when I started uni, I wanted to study here. So I'm rooting for them both, I like both teams. I do like Göteborg too though, sucks that everyone is leaving for tyresö... Can't let them win this year too :( That's why I don't want Nilla to leave Linköping, we need her here..but oh well.

13. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

Also, feel bad for your friend having to get up for work that early today xD
    I'm so happy I had today off, cause I'm exhausted from the euros.. But I'm not gonna complain, spending my two weeks off traveling and watching football isn't too bad.. Back to work tomorrow though.

14. yoo-yoo

Yeah, she was my favorite before that but that made me like her even more :) She's adorable and really funny. Have you seen the videos on Vine that Olivia Schough put up? She's really funny too!

Haha then I get it! Yeah I don't want Tyresö to win either!! I saw that Nilla is leaving for Wolfsburg... Probably in January though.

I was happy that I had another day off! But now I'm back at work... 2 weeks went by really quick :(

15. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

Haven't seen her vines, will have to look that up. She is usually very funny so I bet they are too :)

Did you also take time off of work for the euros? I got laughed at when I said I was 'EM-ledig', haha. I only have two weeks of work before another two weeks off though so will probably go by pretty fast.

16. yoo-yoo

No, not really. It was more of a coincidence. My two weeks off just happened to be during the euros but it was great timing. I just have like 5 days off next week for a musicfestival, so I'm working a lot. But it's alright.