UEFA Women's Euro 2013

Discussion in 'International' started by Kaliba, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Kaliba

Kaliba Well-Known Member

First, I'm new here, and I didn't know exactly where to put this topic, but hopefully this is okay...
    Anyways, in only a few days the UEFA Women's Euro starts in Sweden. I can't be the only one who's excited for this, right?! Who's your favorite to win? What group are you most looking forward to seeing? And is anyone going to any of the games? :)

2. Eva Mac

Eva Mac Well-Known Member

I for one am excited! I'm rooting for France, mostly because they have Thomis who I think is an underrated genius! I like the team overall, and I love Bouhaddi, the goalkeeper too. I think they have one of the strongest teams this year.

Elodie Thomis [​IMG]

3. JmParis

JmParis Member

I'll be watching the games as much as possible.
    And GO FRANCE!

4. Eva Mac

@JmParis I'm gonna be French for a while since Ireland never qualifies :p

Allez les bleus! (That is the full extent of my French I'm afraid)

5. JmParis

JmParis Member

@Eva McEyebell Not bad, but for the girls we say Bleues!
    I was very impressed when I saw them play Japon before the Olympics last year.
    I might feel a little bit alone here in London when they'll play against England! :?

6. Eva Mac

@JmParis, I knew I would get something wrong! One of these days I might take a class, I would love to be able to speak French, it's a beautiful language.

I think France is now one of the strongest teams in Europe, they always impress me, and I love Lyon too, but that's nearly the same team, so many of the same players! :lol:

I wish you luck with the English :? That could be very lonely! Remember I'll be supporting France too ;)

7. yoo-yoo

yoo-yoo Well-Known Member

I'll be watching all of Swedens games, I got tickets for 2 of the games in the group and I also got tickets for the final. I'm positive that Sweden will get there ;)

France has a really strong team so I think it's gonna be Sweden vs France in the final but I still think Sweden will win it all.

8. Eva Mac

@ yoo-yoo Sweden are always strong too!

France beat Russia 3-1 Yay! Delie was on fire! Thomis brought some magic into the second half too :). And the Russian goalie was cute, ahem.

9. yoo-yoo

@ Eva McEyeball Yeah I'm a bit bummed about the two missing penalty shots... But the Swedish players have a lot of pressure on them, the media over here pretty much demand them to win. It was awesome to watch the game at the stadium though, the atmosphere were amazing!! Hopefully it'll be the same tonight again!

France did what they were supposed to. No surprise really, they have a really great team. Spain on the other hand, did surprise me. I think they can go far!Vero Boquete is an amazing player, I've seen her play a few times over here.

10. Eva Mac

I feel sorry for the team with all that pressure. It must be amazing to see it live! If you watch France live take some pics of Thomis for me :p.

I haven't seen Boquete, I'll watch out, I like to see talented new players.

I envy you having a proper league over there, is Marta based in Sweden again? Cristiane my all time favorite was based there briefly at one stage, I'd love to see her play. Actually, I might do something silly like faint if I saw her live :lol: . No but seriously she's amazing.

11. yoo-yoo

If France go all the way to the final, I'll watch them live and I'll try to take some pics for you :)

The game last night was even better, Sweden won big lol so I'm happy! It feels like all the nerves from the first game is gone now.

Yeah the League over here is pretty awesome! I think there is like 69 non-Swedish players in the League, which makes it even better, even though we have a lot of great Swedish players too. But yeah, Marta is one of them still!

12. Eva Mac

Thank you so much, that would make me :mrgreen:

I heard the result, so happy for you! There's so much pressure on them they probably did just need to work out their nerves.

It must be nice having the greatest female footballer of all time living in your country! Isn't she in a relationship with a Swedish player?

13. yoo-yoo

It has been a lot of hating in social media over here after the first game. Bitter old men saying that women can't play soccer and stuff like that. They'll still be hating but at least our team won most of the Swedish hearts after the game last night.

It's great to be able to watch players like that play! Yeah that's what I've heard, but it's nothing she has openely talked about.

14. Eva Mac

:roll: Will those grumpy old men ever open their eyes!? The womens' game has come a long way, and the best teams are just as good as the men in terms of skill, it's just at a different pace to the mens', but I actually prefer the pace of the womens'. Women have to continually prove themselves, it's not fair.

15. Toni

Toni Well-Known Member

Can't say I was too impressed with the game, hopefully Norway will improve. But a win is a win and I have to say congratulations to 'my' Norwegian girls for winning over Holland. :D

16. yoo-yoo

@ Eva McEyeball I agree completely!! It's pretty much only the pace of the game that's different. I like watching womens' soccer more than mens' and not just cause they're women ;)

@ Toni Hahaha they were just lucky :p

17. Toni

Toni Well-Known Member

@ Yoo-Yoo: I know mate.. lol. But like I said a win is a win.. Hopefully they will step up their game skills. If they keep playing how they have it will be based on pure luck getting any further. Hehe

18. Eva Mac

Watching France V Spain with a non-alcholic beer. You have to go a little crazy now and again.

19. yoo-yoo

@Toni I know :p I hope they pick up their game, remember I'm a little bit norwegian so I'm cheering for them (but just a tiny bit, not like the handball team, there I'm all in ;) )

@Eva McEyeball I'm watching too!! Just drinking water though :p

20. Eva Mac

Goal already! Reynard makes up for her mistake in the last match :)