Tragic timing and magical first dates

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by puchenye, Aug 27, 2013.

1. puchenye

puchenye Member

Almost two months ago, I met a girl online and spent the best part of that duration shaking my fists at Kronos as one of us would be in town only when the other was away (sometimes it's hard being so popular :roll: ). Either way, I came back from overseas and we arranged to meet up. I get to the station, realising my phone was out of battery and that I hadn't asked exactly how to pronounce her entirely exotic and unpronouncable name. Somehow I managed to find her leaning against a pillar and thank goodness she was looking down because the grin on my face must have been embarrassing for humanity (she was absolutely stunning). We go out for drinks, conversation is flowing and she tells me that it feels like she's known me for ages. It goes so well that we head to another bar a little while away. She suggested we go dance and as we do, she pulls me in closer and we end up kissing because I really can't control myself when a beautiful girl is gyrating her hips in a 5cm radius of my own. To save me the journey, she offers me to stay at hers and the woman at the door smirking 'have a good night girls' on our way out pretty much summarises that we all knew what was going to happen. The next morning, we sleep together again and we chat/watch silly videos until late in the afternoon. I decide to leave so she walks me back to the station and kisses me goodbye (I pull away).

The problem now, is that I really want a second date with this girl and 'let me know when you're next in London' has not been my strongest follow up. Alas, horrendous timing strikes again, as she's only around for another week before she goes back to her uni which is about 2 hours away from me but during that time I'm abroad and so horrendous timing strikes again. Anyway, I'm useless at pursuing so should I:

A. Ask her how often she's in town so I can set up another date?

B. Straight up ask her if she wants to see me again because I think she's neato mosquito

C. Leave it and not come off like an overbearing fool, there's no way, long distance etcetcetc foreveralone

oh and if this helps, I was around one day after a night out and said I'd be around but she told me she was seeing friends (which is probably true, she might have mentioned it before, actually..lolparanoia)

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

If you really like her and you both had fun, follow up with her. Don't let her slip by you! :)

3. Brandy Alexander

Brandy Alexander Well-Known Member

I'm extremely analytical and I could spend a week viewing every angle of your present situation, however, I would no doubt come up with the same answer: Communicate with her sooner rather than later. Shakespeare once said, "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny by in ourselves." I would heed the great bard's advice and talk to her. I wouldn't, however, go full blown Romeo, "But, soft! What light through yonder window breaks? It is the East, and Juliet is the sun." Don't profess your undying love of this stunning girl right out of the gate.

All joking aside, talk to her and let her know you are interested in pursing a possible relationship. Find out how she feels about having a relationship with you. The older we get the faster life moves. Therefore, I recommend not wasting anybody's valuable time and talk so you may either move forward together or separately.

Good Luck