Touch...is there a way to tell by the way she touches you?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by silliputty23, Apr 7, 2018.

1. silliputty23

silliputty23 Well-Known Member

Where touching some areas of the body means "just friends" and other areas indicate an attraction? Touch may seem intimate, but with women, it's hard to tell if they're just comfortable touching people, period.

She touches me primarily around the lower back and waist - usually these touches are done in a playful way. She laughed at something I said yesterday as she stood behind me and slid one hand around the curve of my waist momentarily from behind as she leaned forward and laughed. Sometimes it's my arm or elbow. I can't tell if she's like this with others. I guess I haven't observed her with others enough.

She does fairly recently know that I am bi. I don't know her sexuality but that she does like, or has liked, men.

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

God. Is this still the same woman that you work with who has a baby daddy and kid?

No, you can't just tell by touch. You need to look at their behavior in totality. Someone who touches you a little, but makes no effort to date you isn't that into you.

3. silliputty23

No. What, am I not allowed to post in here?

Your attitude...

No wonder these forums are dead.

4. Bluenote

These forums are dead because AE was sold twice, both times to companies run by straight men. Both times the forums got nuked. People left in protest and/ or because they don't relate to the content being published on AE.

The straw man that you aren't allowed to post is ridiculous, especially as I answered your question. Granted, maybe you don't like the answer, but it is honest. Lots of women are touchy feely with each other, without it meaning anything sexual or romantic. You haven't given any context that contradicts that. But, honestly, since you gave such a jerk response, I'm not inclined to parse through any additional context.

You posted a ton about work girl, then never posted an update. It's not unreasonable to wonder if you are still hung up on work girl.

5. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Nope, not by the way someone touches you, looks at you, stands by you, walks near you, etc The only way to KNOW is if they tell you.

6. silliputty23

I ask a question and the first thing I get as a response is "God."

There are always going to be bi and lesbian women searching around online for groups to turn to for advice and other. Old users might have been turned away but there will always be new users stopping in to check things out... and new users aren't sticking around.

I was certainly not the first person to have been into someone for several months... I know that it irritated you to hear about it. You made me uncomfortable.

I did stop talking to her for the most part and was short with her when she tried to talk with me. I felt put off by her. She had suddenly begun making an effort, because I wasn't talking to her, and that irritated me more. After a couple months of this, I did feel I was acting a little childish so I eased up somewhat on the attitude.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  7. Bluenote

I have neither the time, nor the inclination to engage in some spat with you. You didn't like my response, but trying to blame me for the death of ae is just silly and a total dick thing to do. Was I killing ae all those times I helped you with work girl? You sure didn't think so then. You sure didn't say I was making you uncomfortable all those times you replied to my suggestions and discussed them at length. You're welcome, btw. Now I regret ever having spent my time on you and certainly won't be repeating that mistake.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    SMD likes this.