Tired of being judged

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Wendy, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Wendy

Wendy Member

Sorry this is more of a rant.
    I'm tired of being judged by other lesbians, who seem to be quite judgemental when they find out I am gay, but geez cuz I don't dress like the stereotype, maybe I'm just pretending to be gay or just bi.
    Seriously. Just because I'm single and haven't been in a relationship and don't dress the way you dress or have my hair cut short, doesn't mean that I am not gay.

I'm tired of being judged by my friends. The constant, why aren't you putting yourself out there?
    Gosh, I'd like to meet someone who doesn't feel it in their nature to wear a rainbow every day. I know I'm going to offend a lot of ladies by making that statement. If your personality is of an activist then great. But seriously, where are the ladies who just prefer to be themselves first before identifying by their sexuality?
    Hi my name is... I'm a .... PERSON, who just happens to date women.

I'm starting to think that they pile all the cat ladies on the online scene, very frustrating.

To which, at this point of my life, 28 years... celibacy seems to be the only option.

2. Sagan

Sagan Active Member

You should start being tired of caring of what people say about you, otherwise, you will go crazy.

3. mayae2002

mayae2002 Member

Don't judge cat ladies ;) We happen to be wonderful people, at least I think so. Just be yourself.

4. ray5

ray5 Member

i'm tired too :(

5. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I don't know why people need to be so cliquish and conformist. It is very tiring. I hope you only had to tell each judgey individual to shut up once.

6. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Not sure where you're from. I have shoulder length hair, and apparently it's 'short' so it's gay looking in America (according to my American ex). In Australia, where I'm from, even straight girls have shoulder length hair.

That said, I'm a firm believer that we are humans first, sexuality later. It annoys me when people put their sexuality above all else. As long as you look decent, who cares what you look like or dress like. It's time to stop being superficial. You will find someone out there who loves you for who you are. Good luck! :D

p.s. - I really dislike cats. Dogs all the way!