This Forum Used To Be Active...

Discussion in 'Welcome to the new AfterEllen!' started by Shannon1981, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shannon1981

Shannon1981 Well-Known Member

... and now it's not. The downturn happened when the site was overhauled. Firstly, we lost years-years! worth of posts, private messages, threads, etc. Our entire history is gone, no matter how long we've been here.

The new color scheme is headache inducing, the setup of the forums is confusing....and you're wondering why no one posts anymore? I could go on and on about how horrible the new AE is compared to what it used to be. I know that change happens, but, this was a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." AE was perfect the way it was, with threads that moved so fast you could barely keep up. Now, it's like a ghost town. That should tell you something, LOGO and whoever the powers that be are. When you overhauled the site, you killed it. Please take this as it was intended to be-constructive criticism/feedback from a user who has been here going on 5 years, and used to post multiple times daily, but now hardly ever visits because the site is dead and the setup is terrible.

2. Surfer Chick

Surfer Chick Member

I agree. The last time I was on the site was in 2011. It felt very intuitive and I signed up and got active. Years later I had forgotten my sign in email, and therefore couldn't log in, and I couldn't even search for key words in old posts I had made to find my screen name! They are GONE! Like completely lost! Such a shame.
    This place was a great place to make connections and chat about issues safely that one might not feel ok with doing so elsewhere. I hope it becomes that community again.
    Cheers! ;)

3. keepinitreal

keepinitreal Active Member

Yeah they destroyed a whole community. Dumb move.

4. pikatan2

pikatan2 Well-Known Member

it used to be really active.. I was on this site a really long time ago before it change and welp.. this happen but if they creator is happy with the changes they made well.. so be it.. personally I still prefer the old layout page forum its more active and its really wayyyyy easier.. but oh well

xx

5. Rtx admin

Rtx admin Administrator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.