This cashier at my local grocery store. Help

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Warpaint, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Warpaint

Warpaint New Member

So over the past few months I've been shopping at a local grocery store near where I live and there's this one cashier that seems to always stare at me when I'm in the front of the store getting stuff on the outside shelfs near the aisles. I don't know if she's just being nice, but here are a few examples for you.

1. Last week I went to do my shopping and I was in the front of the store near the cashier station getting spaghetti sauce, I felt someone staring and when I looked up I noticed it was her that was staring. Her customer was rummaging through his stuff and we held deep eye contact for about 5-6 seconds. Then she smiled and I looked away.
    2. A month ago I was checking out with another cashier and the other cashiers aisle was right in front of the one I was in and when I was putting my groceries in the bags, she kept glancing over at my direction.
    3. One time I went in the supermarket at about 9:00 PM to get some sweets and there were only a few people working, I was at check out and she was near the exit joking around with one of her co-workers (it seemed like she was off shift) then noticed me and she grabbed her purse from her station and she started walking up and down from the exit to the return services station (only a few feet away) like she was on a fashion runway or something. And she kept glancing over to me and of course I started to stare at her.
    Now, she can very well be just being nice. I've never been a customer of hers though but that can still be the case. I don't know how to go with the situation. I'm starting to like her and J can't get over our "deep stare." Lol what can I do?

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Ask her where the spam is located and comment on her accessories, like oh thanks for the direction to aisle 17, and oh BTW, love your shoes!

Vonvon87 likes this.
  3. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

What wouldn't we do for hot people! Often buying drinks 'cause they're the bartender, trying out awflly scented perfumes etc...

Why don't you just start with "Hello"? :) Go there say hello, ask her how she's doing and that you couldn't help but notice that she's been staring at you. Wait for her explanation and smile at her, invite her for a cup of coffee or ask her for her number :) I'll keep my fingers crossed.

greylin and Frazier like this.
  4. hum_dinger

hum_dinger Well-Known Member

I would try and get served by her if you can. Next time you go shopping and she's on duty, no matter how long the queue is, join her till! And then smile at her, say hi and just start chatting. See where that leads and maybe just keep doing that until you get more comfortable. You could try writing your number on your till receipt for her. Cheesy but it might work ;)

5. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Ok, before this goes to far, just talk to her. Right now, you don't know anything about her other than she's cute, she works in a grocery store and she stares at you. Which, is not a lot to go on. You have no idea if she is gay, if she is cool, or smart, or crazy, or anything.

So before you spend weeks and months thinking about this - hypothetical fantasy thing - you need to talk to her. Just go to her line when things aren't that busy and strike up a conversation. Do it a number of times. This may progress to actually going on a date with her. Or you may find out that she is rude, boring and has a gf. Either way, don't waste months fixating on someone because of a few stares.

rainydaze and Jane Doe like this.