Think I'm bi but not sure

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by opalpapier, Jan 23, 2015.

1. opalpapier

opalpapier New Member

Hi all,

Since I was young, I have always known that I find women's bodies attractive. I think that a naked woman's body is generally hotter than a guy's (although men's bodies can be attractive to me too, and I am interested in hetero sex).

Here's the thing. My attraction levels are low as it is - it is rare that I have any real interest in someone, even fleetingly. While I have been turned on by women's bodies and the thought of sex with women, I have never seen a woman in real life that I felt that 'ping' of attraction to. I have felt it for guys, and when I was a little girl I always assumed I would end up with a dude (even though I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get the 'topless Lara Croft' cheat to work back in '96 .__. ).

So this is kind of my problem: some people say that having any kind of attraction to both sexes means you are (at the very least) bi. But I have not met/seen any women I'd consider actually being with/sleeping with in real life. I have rarely had strong attraction with men, but my relationships with them tend to be casual and short-lived (which doesn't bother me). I feel that, personality-wise I would probably be happier with a woman. But do I like women enough to be with one? I abhor the idea of finding a girl as a 'guinea pig', even if she were up for it.

I guess my question is - if I am bi, how can I figure out if I am, er, 'bi enough' to date/sleep with a girl without resorting to experimenting with someone? Is that even possible?

Thanks for reading my stupidness, I know it's an awkward thing to ask. But I have no one else to turn to and it's driving me crazy trying to figure this out. :( Whatever my sexuality, I will be content with it. It's the figuring out that is annoying.

Hoochi_Yamaguchi likes this.
  2. Hoochi_Yamaguchi

I'm in the same boat sista lol! Well I know for a fact that I am BI-SEX-UAL haha but I've only been with guys sexually but I had a really close its complicated type relationships with my ex-bestfriend. MTV's "Faking It" is literally my life (I'm Amy) but idk, I personally am open to love with the right person for me weather they have a weenier or a vag lol.

jellohead likes this.
  3. deja

deja Member

I think that the best thing for you to do is experiment. Ive always been gay I've never really been a girl (looks wise) I mean I've always dressed like a guy and looked at girls and talked about girls I hang out with guys all the time but when I was about to be a freshman there was this guy and he really liked me and I didn't really like him I just wanted to make sure I guess that I was gay and not bi or straight so I had sex with him and realized it wasn't for me of course I didn't try it just once though cause I heard lots of stuff bout virgins being confused so I did it like 3 or 4 times the whole year we dated and I finally told him I was gay and didn't like guys were really close friends now I've hooked him up with multiple girls but I think its best to test things out before you can honestly say your bi or gay or even straight it doesn't even have to be sex just the flirting or dating or anything and if you feel comfortable with that take it a step up start off with a girl the same you'd do with a guy meet them flirt with them you know how it goes and if you don't like it you don't like it if you do you do haha

Hoochi_Yamaguchi likes this.
  4. pikatan2

pikatan2 Well-Known Member

to be honest everyone journey to discover their own sexuality is very different, as someone who is bisexual my self, the first time I've ever consider being bisexual was probably when I was really young and back then I have never had a boyfriend or girlfriend yet but once I heard of the term Bisexual and understand what its all about, suddenly it all makes sense to me. I just take it like that without any question and till this day I am still 100% sure that I am Bisexual.

Now I would assume that you're pretty young? like in 20 maybe?? you might not be bisexual, you might be just someone who can appreciate both sex's beauty, I mean when the body looks good then it looks good. I would say experimenting with girl (psychically, not emotional) would be the best way BUT I know that the thought of actually doing it need a lot of thinking and if the experiment was out of question. how about understanding yourself, your desire and your sexuality first?? like really understand what you really want..

anyhow I wish you good luck figuring all of it :). xx