The Librarians Review

Discussion in 'Off-Topic TV Shows' started by Kristana, Jan 24, 2015.

?

What was your favorite episode of The Librarians

1. The Crown of King Arthur

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The Sword in the Stone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. The Horns of a Dilemma

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Santa's Midnight Run

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The Apple of Discord

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. The Fables of Doom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Power of Three

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. The Heart of Darkness

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. The City of Light

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. The Loom of Fate

100.0%
  1. Kristana

Kristana Well-Known Member

I'm going to be posting my reviews of the first season of The Librarians here. I'm hoping in season two (if there is one) that Cassandra will come out, but until then...
    I suppose that I'll also include a poll on your favorite episode.
    The episodes are presented in their broadcast order, but their intended order was
    1. & 2.) Crown/Stone
    3.) Horns of a Dilemma
    4.) Fables of Doom
    5.) Heart of Darkness
    6.) Santa
    7.) Apple of Discord
    8.) City of Light
    9.) Rule of Three
    10.) Loom of Fate

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  2. Kristana

The Crown of King Arthur & The Sword in the Stone. (In Progress)
    - We open in Berlin where Col. Eve Baird is leading a NATO task force to take care of a group of terrorists. In the course of this she chases down two of them, and runs into Flynn Carson, the Librarian. Flynn has come to track down a magical opal that nazis stole during World War II. Flynn recovers the opal from a trapped vault, helps Eve disable a nuclear bomb, and stands by as she takes down the terrorists.
    - Eve files her report from the incident, whereupon the powers that be put her on forced leave. While contemplating what to do with her down time, she receives an envelope. It's an invitation to the NY Metropolitan Library. Putting two and two together she guesses that this is where the Librarian came from.
    - They've removed the two caretakers and the Library so that the team has to be on their own.
    - Each person has their own personality that was consistent throughout the pilot.
    - The team is less Warehouse 13 family, and more snarky Island of Misfit Toys.
    - Despite the fact that three of them can hold their own in a fight, they don't come off as people who think with their muscles. In a show about the power of knowledge, they showrunners actually get it.
    - I was dismayed by how cheap the Serpent Brotherhood comes off, except for Matt Frewer, but I liked that they called back to The Librarian: The Spear of Destiny.
    - The dialogue was hit or miss here. In the quick be cute moments it felt a little too 13 year old wrote this, but in the serious exposition moments it was top notch writing.
    To sum up: If you're looking for something to fill that Warehouse 13 void in your life, this is it.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. Kristana

The Horns of a Dilemma (In Progress)
    - No Noah Wyle, is that going to be a regular thing? Not sure if that's good or bad.
    - The Guardian is training the potentials. It both fits with her character, and makes sense.
    - I like the juxtaposition (I R a college graduate) of having the muscular honky-tonk Jake be a genius at art.
    - "You can't solve all of your problems with brute strength, Jake. You of all people should know that." Thank you. Please keep subtly harping on brains over brawn.
    - The bad guys are aware of the Librarian, and actually plan accordingly. Holy ****, they actually know what they're doing.
    - BRAINGRAPE!
    - I like Cass and Ezekiel together.
    - I approve of Rebecca Romijn's comedy chops.
    In conclusion: The second episode lives up to the potential that one expects from the premise, and it gives serious Warehouse 13 feels 7/10

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  4. Kristana

Santa's Midnight Run (In Progress)
    - Excellent guest star in the form of Bruce Campbell. He nailed it.
    - I really liked that Col. Baird had a new reason for being anti-Christmas, and that Santa/Bruce had a new reason for still believing.
    - More and more I'm liking Christian Kane's character. He just seems to be subverting the trope of the muscle guy so much. "I couldn't just let it smash. I'd never be able to live with myself."
    - "Why are you doing this? Why are you doing this? They're stalling." Yes for bad guys that aren't idiots.
    - Jenkins indicates that he and Dulaque are the same. I want to see what will come of this.

5. Kristana

The Apple of Discord (In Progress)
    - This episode was terrible.
    - The writing for this was trying to hard to be witty and precious.
    - Jake Stone was one of the bright points of this episode. He was upset about how the art was laid out.
    - Gee, the evil Cassie strips down. How...novel.
    - Could you not foresee that you would need gloves or something to protect yourself from it? Seriously?

6. Kristana

The Fables of Doom (In Progress)
    - They've made the first Warehouse 13/The Librarians connection in the form of Rene Auberjonois.
    - This episode takes place in the town of Bremen. I like the call back to one of the stories of my childhood, "The Musicians of Bremen."
    - Eve and Cassie's roles were great. Eve seems to both enjoy and hate being a princess, and Cassie begins to enjoy all of the women falling in love with her as Prince Charming. They did miss an opportunity for Prince(ss) Charming to kiss the princess.
    - Jacob and Ezekiel's roles weren't so great. Both seem to fall into type casting a little bit.
    - Jacob does redeem himself with the book collection.
    - Jenkins at the candy machine is how you should do product placement. That was just great.

7. Kristana

The Rule of Three
    - In case you find the way that The Librarians keeps jumping back and forth on things strange, realize that the episodes are being shown out of order. If you watch them on tntdrama.com, you'll see pictures for the way the episodes SHOULD have been shown, but the episode listing is for the way they ARE being shown.
    - It's the Librarians day off andddddddd they're all sticking around the library. Except for Ezekiel who I'm really hoping isn't go to keep on with his one note personality, but the signs in the opening scene don't give me much hope.
    - The main theme of this episode is that the Librarians are attending a STEM fair (Science Technology Engineering Math, as Cassie is more than happy to tell them) and a certain redhead is so psyched she's practically going to explode.
    - I've spotted somebody important. Bex Taylor-Klaus, whom you may know as Sin from Arrow, is one of the random kids in a montage of the science projects. When you can spot the guest star, you're already halfway toward figuring out what's going on. It appears that her over enthusiastic mother is trying to take things over, so that makes me suspicious.
    - Our first red herrings show up in the form of a bunch of goths making fun of the science nerds.
    - Eve, who rates science much further down on the fun meter than Cassandra, just wishes for a paper mâche volcano. Surprise! She gets her wish in the form of a boy who nearly burns down the building with his strangely realistic volcano.
    - Eve's interrogation of the 15 year old doesn't go exactly as planned as he lets his hormones do the talking. However he does put the Librarians on the right track, as he informs them that he only attended because five other people had...accidents.
    - Jenkins once again leaves the annex to delight us with his dry humor.
    - The curse that seems to be on the fair claims it's second victim in the form of a student who exhales a plague of flies.
    - The Librarians need to investigate to find a magical item that is most likely being used as a focus by somebody to inflict these accidents.
    - Which leads us to what most likely is going to be one of the deepest emotional scenes this season (please for a season two): Jacob talks to the boy who's trying to woo Taylor-Klaus' character. He relates that the various cliques in high school are just roles, and for the boy not to let his or Taylor-Klaus' stop him from getting the girl. Note that he's not encouraging the boy to ignore the girl's wishes, just not to let his doubts defeat him. Jacob further relates that he didn't get beat up in high school because he played his role until it became a second skin.
    - The Librarians go to Amy (Taylor-Klaus) to see if they can find the focus, and her phone trips their divining rod. Apparently somebody has turned a magic spell into a smart phone app. Can I just say that technomancy is the least explored, but most loved by me, branch of magic on television? Why wouldn't you use technology to enhance magic?
    - Now it's Cassie's turn to have some beautiful exposition on her backstory while relating to a younger form of herself. It's not as good as Jacob's, but it's still nice.
    - I knew that the woman who was running the fair had to be important (another guest star in the form of Alicia Witt, whom I recognized, but couldn't put a name to). It turns out that she's Morgan Le Fey, and I love this turn of events. (Fun Fact: Alicia Witt was Alia Atreides from Dune)
    - Morgan Le Fey's escape was suitably ominous and foretelling.
    - Word of the Day is: Mathemagics.
    PS - Go women in STEM.

8. Kristana

The Heart of Darkness
    - I've learned my first important lesson for reviewing TV shows: Watch the episode the first time for fun, then watch it again to review. It doesn't work well if you try to make a review out of your first viewing.
    - Followed by my second lesson: Life will constantly throw **** at you. You've simply got to make the time to write your review.
    - First up, a girl (Katie) comes screaming out of a house covered in blood. I looked her up, Lea Zawada, but she's apparently an unknown. She looks like somebody, but I can't put my finger on it. ETA: I've got it. She looks sort of like Natalie Dormer.
    - The mini-Librarians are driving around in Slovakia trying to find a broken leyline. I like this in that it means that their job missions can be rather more diverse than the Warehouse 13 crew. All they did was retrieve items. These people can be up for: retrieving items, stopping a catastrophe, fighting evil cabals, or just managing the flow of natural magic in the world.
    - Katie and the L crew run into each other, and things begin to run together. Apparently the house that the girl came from, and where she left three friends, is where the leyline is. Well, what a cowinky-dink.
    - Only a few minutes in and the show is starting to give rise to some cliches. Cassie is going with the extreme mental effort causes nose bleeds (I actually kind of like this one), and the show is going with the most helpless person is the one that's going to save the others. That second one will be resolved at the episode's climax, but it's telegraphed from a long way out.
    - Damnation. Why do people always go running into the house looking for their friends? Did you forget why you ran out? Are you going to be able to help them when you're being hacked to death?
    - Oh my God, Eve. Really? You know you're in a magic house with a murderer, and you decide to split up?
    - Ezekiel may be as annoying as hell, but he's not wrong. "This is the part in movie where the guy in audience yells,'Get out.'"
    - Cassie has a moment of exposition over her braingrape, but it just doesn't seem as well done as some of the other ones that the series has done.
    - We see Cassie going through a confidence crisis, but with the episodes out of order it's difficult to chart her character evolution. It's so frustrating not to be able to see the effect that the showrunners intended.
    - Eve with a black eye is great.
    - All in all this was an okay episode. 6/10

9. Kristana

The City of Light
    - I so want to do the Loom of Fate review, but this one first.
    - We start with a UFO conspiracist who is investigating a wooded area near a small town. He's got some homemade equipment that's a little more high tech than a tin foil hat. This equipment allows him to see humanoid glowing figures that are invisible to the naked eye. After doing the smart thing and running, he heads to his car in town. Here he's jacked by some of the locals who eyes, hands, and skin are being sort of glowy as well.
    - Cut to the annex. Ezekiel: "It's aliens!" Jenkins: "There's no such thing as aliens." Eve: Snarky remark about how after everything they've seen, of course it can't be aliens.
    - There is a little moment where Eve pre-empts Jenkins on his sarcastic remark, and Jenkins pouts. It's amusing. Trust me.
    - For a moment Ezekiel is being somewhat likeable in geeking out about aliens, and then he ends it by being his douchebag self. Moment over.
    - Jacob does his normal thing, noticing that the architechture jibe. It's pretty much rote by this point, but the writers save it by having Baird tell him, "If something feels off, go with your gut and check it
    out." It gives me a feeling that the writing/writers are maturing a little bit.
    - Jacob and Cassie go to the local library in order to research the town, and they run into a women working on the town's gaslights. Right here you know that this episode is going to be Jacob centric. Jacob and the woman, Maybelle, hit it off immediately with talk of Paris and speaking French. Maybelle tells them to talk to the town archivist, and Jacob asks to be pointed in his direction. In a half a second Jacob realizes the hole he just stepped in. He saves himself by making some logical connections the end with Maybelle being the archivist. The two flirt a little more making Cassie want to throttle herself before we move on.
    - Meanwhile on the outskirts of town: Eve and Ezekiel investigate where the missing UFO nut's car was found. Some noises in the woods prompts the two of them to have a hand gesture onversation (stick a pin in that). The two split up to flank the noise, and Ezekiel finds a gaslamp in the middle of Narnia...er, the woods. While staring at the gaslamp Ezekiel is snuck up on by the UFO nut, Victor Finch. Victor does a bodysnatchers yelling thing whereupon he's tackled by Eve. Said tackling runs her and Victor into the gaslamp and bzzzt, she disappears.
    - The L Crew have a get together back at the annex which contains some smart humorous writing that calls back Warehouse 13. They've lost Eve, have no clue where she is, so let's interview the guy who was previously missing. It actually kind of makes sense.
    - Step one: interrogation. This reveals...bupkis.
    - Step two: sort through Victor's equipment. Victor managed to somehow make an aura filter that reveals that there is some sort of energy field near where the Narnia gaslamp was. They decide to talk to Maybelle some more. Shockingly Jacob volunteers for this, and Cassandra subtly teases him about it.
    - At the archive Jacob finds a lot of turn of the century stuff, but this scene is primarily about him and Maybelle. The two wax poetic about finding something more than just the little town, the little life, that they are/were in. They romanticize the most about Paris, but Jacob steps back and owns his choices in life. I cannot emphasize how much I like that. Jake wants to see Maybelle's plans on the gaslamps, but she wants to see the one that they're bugging about.
    - To the gaslamp: The L Crew is investigating the gaslamp while Jake makes introductions. As usual they're tripping over themselves trying to explain away what they're accidentally saying in front of her. She calls them on their BS. Let me repeat that. SHE CALLS THEM ON THEIR BS. Jake asks her to trust them, to be quiet about this, and to dig up the schematics on the gaslamps.
    - I'm going to meta here for a second. They first meet this woman working on the gaslamps, and they don't assume she already knows a ton about these things. It might have taken me talking to her or somebody else about it for a second, but I would have put her at the top of my suspicion tree a long time ago.
    - Jenkins reworks Victor's goggles, and sends Cassie and Ezekiel to go find out about the energy coursing around the gaslamps. Meanwhile Jacob decides to return to the archive. Not to see Maybelle, he goes while she's not supposed to be there.
    - Cassie eventually determines that the energy flow denotes that the town is laid out like a circuit. Ezekiel spots Eve with the goggles (Remember when I told you to stick a pin in that hand conversation? Pull it out. Eve now tells him to follow her via a hand conversation). She leads him somewhere while Cassandra heads on to see where the energy flow leads.
    - At this point I wish to damn TNTDrama.com forever. This is the third time that the website has frozen up on me this episode.
    - Ezekiel finds the strange people in town, and he realizes that they are being bodysnatched. Cassie meanwhile finds an old dam with old pictures and old diagrams.
    - Now the big reveal: The town was the site of an old experiment by...Nikola Tesla. The bodysnatchers and Maybelle are people who were involved in an experiment that went wrong and resulted in them being shunted out of synch with our reality. The gaslamps anchor them to this reality, and Maybelle is trying to help them come back.
    - It turns out that Tesla was trying to fix things by creating a capacitor that would power the gaslamps to bring back the people. The longer the people are gone, the more power it takes. After 100 years it should have enough power to bring them back now.
    - The team begins setting things up for this return. During this set-up Jacob and Maybelle have a moment. In an earlier recap I had related a possible spoiler in that Jacob was gay. This seems to debunk that, though the man may still be bisexual.
    - After the process starts Cassie determines that there's a 50/50 shot of it working, but if it doesn't then the whole thing will go boom. As in Tunguska boom. The guy jacking Victor's body however has had enough and just wants to be real again. He's willing to risk it. He breaks the control mechanism, and locks Cassie in the booth. Cassie manages to contact the other librarians, and they come up with a plan to shut down the process.
    - Jake and Maybelle run to the failsafe, but one of the gaslamps has gone critical between there and where they are. It floods the area with energy. Maybelle acts as a grounding wire, and Jake has to carry her there. Along the way Jake and Maybelle talk about the romanticized trip to Paris to stave off the pain. They get to the shutoff switch and hit it. The experience has been to much for Maybelle, and she dies.
    - Since she's only been missing for a short time, Eve returns to reality, but the others are lost.
    - The Librarians return to the annex. Ezekiel, Cassie, and Jake go their separate ways, and Jenkins brings Eve an appointment book. The system the people were using has broken down, but the Librarians can build a new one. The people can be saved...in a hundred years, so Eve needs to make an appointment for the future Librarians to keep.Notes: I kind of got annoyed with Cassie's mind mathematics in this episode. It's getting to be an overused plot device. Lindy Booth however continues to be amazing.

10. Kristana

The Loom of Fate (Part I)
    - This is perhaps my favorite episode of the show. It's also the season finale, and perhaps the series finale. Let's hope not.
    - We start with Eve waking up on her back. She's laying on rocks that are on top of water, but we can't tell much more than that because everything is kind of fuzzy. Eve seems to be having a dream, vision, or something else that's similar. She raises up her hand to look at it and there's blood on her fingers, and Eve seems slightly bemused by this.
    - Stone calling Eve's name brings her back to herself. She's actually inside of a pyramid. She and Jake are fighting off surprisingly spry mummys while Cassie calculates the combination to a trap that Ezekiel is deactivating. They deactivate the trap, but the mummys just won't go down. Suddenly they dissolve into sand, and Flynn is left standing behind them. He removed the amulets like he told them in the memo that he sent to Eve. Except being typical Flynn, not only did he not mention the amulets, he also didn't mention the mummys. Whatever, they've got what the came here to get: a sarcophagus.
    - Back at the Annex: Flynn had the L crew retrieve the sarcophagus because the Egyptians used their pyramids to create doors to the "afterlife". Flynn believes that the calculation, that are inscribed on the sarcophagus, will allow them to reach the Library out in the void. Cassie tries to do the math in her head, but it's too much. She fritzes out and gets a nosebleed. Jenkins points out that the Egyptians used really huge pieces of stone to make the doorway work, something that they lack. Flynn says all they need to make this work is: a reality altering guide, a dimensional shifting device, and some sort of software that interfaces with magic. Coincidentally, all of these things are things that the clip book has sent them to get: the Libris Fabula, Tesla's gaslamps, and Morgan Le Fay's (why isn't it Fey?) app. Heck, they even have the thread from the Labyrinth left over.
    - Everything is linked up and ready to go. Flynn starts reciting the co-ordinates to the Libris Fabula, but nothing is happening. Cassie reminds him that it's a storybook, and you need to make a story with it. Eve makes the story, and the doorway powers up. Flynn thanks Jenkins for the notes suggesting this, but Jenkins is clueless to what he means. Suddenly gas starts pouring out of the sarcophagus, and everyone collapses to the floor. DuLaque strides in, and it's apparent who sent the notes. DuLaque opens the door, but what they've done isn't enough to send him where he wants to go. A blood sacrifice is in order. Lamia grabs up Flynn, ready to slit his throat. Instead DuLaque literally stabs her in the back. Lamia is incredulous, "I loved you." "That's what I needed to make it work," replies DuLaque. Using her blood he strides through the door. Eve and Flynn gather themselves and stumble after him.
    - They appear in a river in a wooded area with DuLaque by a loom on the rocky shore. They seem a lot like the rocks that BloodyEve was laying on. Flynn looks around and discerns that the river is the River of Time, and that the loom is the Loom of Fate. He calls to Eve to stop DuLaque as he rushes there himself. DuLaque picks a certain point on the tapestry that's on the Loom. "Camelot. Where everything went wrong." He then slashes the tapestry...
    - ...and Eve is someplace else. She's in circle of stones in the middle of a forest. Eve stands up, waving her arm for balance, and accidentally clotheslines Flynn. Flynn is different however. He clothes are different, and he just appears different. While Eve is wondering about this an armed man comes up and takes them prisoner. Eve asks Flynn who this guy is. In response he asks who she is.
    - Back at Flynn's base camp the armed man turns out to be some sort of military person with an atrocious accent (Central/South American? Eastern European?). Interrogation of Flynn reveals that he's here supervising an archaeological (thank you spellcheck) expedition. He's not the Librarian; he's still just a professor with a PhD in everything. There's a "border dispute" going on, and the soldier wants their papers. When he sees Eve's NATO papers she's done. The soldier leads her off, but Flynn tries to intervene. This doesn't go so well, and things have gone from bad to worse. Suddenly a masked man appears and disposes of the guards. He lowers his mask, and.....it's Jacob Stone the Librarian. In one of the funniest scenes this season Jake recognizes Eve, says her name, kisses her, and Eve drops a nope bomb.
    - I wish to state here that this Jake is a complete rip-off of Nathan Drake from Uncharted. That may or may not be intentional.
    - After packing up the expedition and sending them on their way, Flynn, Eve, and Jake head back towards the stones that Eve appeared at. On the way Eve finds out that 10 years ago Jake became the Librarian instead of Flynn, and that she was his Guardian....and lover. Flynn didn't become the Librarian simply because he choose not to go to the job interview. Eve also finds out that she died several months ago when DuLaque tried to steal the Library. That was when Flynn had been stabbed, but survived. When they get to the stones Flynn figures out that they are a teleportation circle. Flynn knew this because Jake has gaps in his knowledge that Flynn doesn't. With new soldiers closing in, Jake activates the circle sending Flynn and Eve on their way.
    - Eve and Flynn now pop up in a reality where Ezekiel is the Librarian. In this reality Eve died saving the library like in the other one, but she's pleased to find out that she wasn't Ezekiel's lover...and not pleased to find out that she was his mother figure. Remember when the L crew shut down that haunted house? Well here there was a cock-up. Katie made a wish as she died, and the dead are taking over the world. Ezekiel can't solve the problem, but Flynn can because once again he has knowledge that Ezekiel doesn't. As Flynn sets up the solution Eve and Ezekiel try to solve the undead. While stalling them, Eve finds out that true to form, Ezekiel was making a profit off of being the Librarian. Flynn saves the day, and once again the two of them are off on their way.
    - I wish to state here that this incarnation of Ezekiel is the first time that I didn't want to throttle him with my bare hands.

11. Kristana

The Loom of Fate (Part II)
    - Eve and Flynn appear in some sort of abandoned factory with a dragon flying overhead. They're both taken prisoner after being rendered unconscious, and wake up to Lamia interrogating them. Eve gets free, and starts to lay a smack down on Lamia when it's broken up by a robed figure. Turns out that the robed figure is Cassandra. She's doing the wise mystic routine. She realizes that Flynn is not from this reality, and that Eve is not "her" Eve.
    - I'll do my statement on MagicCassie here. MagicCassie is gay, and her Eve was her lover. I'm not doing a IMHO. The showrunners couldn't convince me otherwise. This is a damn shame. Not that she's gay, but that it's all subtext. It terrible to downplay this LGBTQ character, and in so doing denigrate that community. On another note I had a conversation with someone where she theorized that that is why the Libris Fabula chose her for Prince Charming. It knew something about her that she didn't know about herself.
    - Eve, Flynn, Cassie, and Lamia head back to Cassie's sanctum. On the way they find out: Eve died protecting the Library from DuLaque, Lamia killed DuLaque because Cassie is the One, Cassie healed her braingrape with magic, her brain was altered permanently, and she now uses magic to hunt magic. At the sanctum they figure out that they need to restring the Loom with...the Thread of the Labyrinth. They simply need to go to the annex to get it.
    - At the annex everything is covered in cobwebs and dust. This is MagicCassie's annex not Eve's, so the Thread isn't there. They need to get to Eve's annex. In an exposition that made me want to punch Flynn in the face they decide to call in the Librarians from the other two realities to get to Eve's. Cassie performs some mathemagics, brings in Jake and Ezkiel, and punch through to Eve's universe. There Eve and Flynn find the Thread, and head to the Loom. As they're about to leave Flynn stops. If they do this, then the three Librarians will cease to exist. Cassie, Jake, and Ezekiel are okay with this. I'm not. MagicCassie and LibrarianEzekiel are great, and Jake is Jake.
    - At the Loom Flynn beings reweaving the Tapestry while Eve stands guard. Then DuLaque shows up, but he's young (and played by Rebecca Romijn's husband, Jerry O'Connell). He kicks their butts all the while pontificating about how Camelot was when things went wrong. Flynn says that things went wrong because of DuLaque because, SURPRISE, he's Lancelot. Lancelot admits that it was his fault, but he's going to fix it. He starts by stabbing Eve leading to her scene where she's bleeding on the rocks over a river. Lancelot prepares to finish Flynn when Jenkins (who's still old) steps in. In another surprise, he's Galahad. The two fight while Flynn reweaves the Tapestry. History pulls together, the timeline is healed, DuLaque gets old again, and Eve is still bleeding out. Eve realizes that she's meant to die in every timeline, but Flynn doesn't accept it. He and Jenkins pick her up, and rush back to the annex.
    - At the annex Flynn completes the story in the Libris Fabula (Forgot about it, didn't you). The Doorway opens up, and there is the Library. The L crew carries Eve in while Flynn rushes around. He retrieves a bottle of liquid which he gives to Eve. Her wound closes up, and she's saved.
    - Epilogue: Flynn is graduating the L crew, and pushing them out of the nest. Each of them receives a mini clip book so that they can do cases. Jake and Ezekiel think about taking a break, but Cassie opens hers to look at her first assignment. She heads off to Lima, Peru, but Jake and Ezekiel catch up to her. They decide to do this one together. Meanwhile, Flynn and Eve catch a new case as Flynn asks Eve out on a date.
    Notes:
    - They were draping a blanket over Lamia near the end, so I'm thinking that she's over and done.
    - MagicCassie's dress is based on the Mother of Dragons'.
    - MagicCassie seems to be a fully realized version of Cassie, and I look forward to the evolution.
    - MagicCassie was going to escape the unraveling of history by journeying to another realm like Morgan Le Fay did. Perhaps the three Librarians survived the repairing of history by doing this.
    - Perhaps my favorite thing about this show is this one saying by Flynn, "There's always another chance. There's always another trick. Always something new to be learned." That last part is so important in a show about knowledge being power.

12. Kristana

The Librarians Season Overview
    • Flynn Carson (Noah Wyle) - Flynn is pretty much how his character was in the movies, so I won't go over that. It was nice that the series only had him a little bit as he's too much of a Deus Ex Machina. Having him off the show most of the time allowed the other characters their time to grow and to shine. Flynn views being the Librarian as a natural extension of himself.
    • Col. Eve Baird (Rebecca Romijn) - Eve is a former member of NATO Special Operations. She was in charge of a unit that specialized in Weapons of Mass Destruction. Eve makes a good Guardian: she's not as smart as the Librarians, but she's not stupid, she's a natural leader, and she's genuinely concerned for their safety over her own. We've gotten a little of her backstory, and we saw character growth in the Eve centric episode, Santa's Midnight Run. Eve views being a Guardian as continuation of her former job.
    • Jacob Stone (Christian Kane) - Jake is an oil worker from Oklahoma who secretly writes academic art books on the side. Jake seems to be the tough guy of the group. That's nicely juxtaposed with his forte being in art, architecture, and history. Jake still has a tendency to think with his muscles, but he's being both encouraged and forced to fight smarter not harder. Jake's backstory has been touched on a moderate amount, perhaps the most of any of the new characters, and he's had some character growth. He sees being a Librarian as an adventure.
    • Cassandra Cillian (Lindy Booth) - Cassie is a brilliant mathematician that has synesthesia. The synesthesia is exacerbated by a brain tumor that is slowly killing her. Cassie seems to be the general problem solver for the group. She appears to be more closely linked to magic than the rest of the group, and several things have pointed to her becoming a magic user. Like Jake, Cassie has had a moderate amount of backstory and character growth. She sees being a Librarian as a chance to experience the wonders of the world.
    • Ezekiel Jones (John Kim) - Ezekiel is a world class thief. His role in the group is expert on security and getting into places. Ezekiel has had very limited backstory or character growth. The limited knowledge on his history is probably by design as he deflects any attempt to find out more about him. Ezekiel sees being a Librarian as an escape from boredom.
    • Jenkins/Galahad (John Larroquette) - Jenkins is the caretaker of the Annex. His role is consultant and behind the scenes man. Despite his seeming disregard for the Librarians, he seems to be secretly guiding them to their appointed destinies. Jenkins has zero character growth, but a lot of his backstory is revealed. Jenkins is Sir Galahad of the Round Table, and son of Dulaque/Lancelot. It's unknown why Jenkins is the caretaker.
    • Guest stars this season:
      • Tricia Helfer as Karen Willis
      • Bruce Campbell as Santa
      • Rene Auberjonois as Mr. McGuire
      • Alicia Witt as Morgan Le Fay
      • Bex Taylor-Klaus as Amy Meyer
      • Haley Webb as Mabel Collins
      • Jerry O'Connell as Lancelot de Lac

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015