Texting woes

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by wicker_ne, Mar 21, 2016.

1. wicker_ne

wicker_ne Member

I'm interested in this woman who I've been exchanging flirtations with for the past little while. 2 weeks ago we finally exchanged phone numbers, talking about how we should get together. The other day I Finally gave in and sent the first text, she responded right away, but in short sentences was entertaining my conversation and then 4-5 messages later she stopped responding. I didn't want to push it incase I was all of a sudden barking up the wrong tree.

Of course I over analyze everything, However, I'm still confused. In person she's extremely flirty and open to hangouts and whatnot. Do you think that if she was into me she'd respond or atleast initiate some kind of contact?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Scientists gather as much data as possible before making a conclusion. You can't tell from one data point if what you are seeing is a trend, or an anomaly.

Same thing with lady x. She is flirty in person, which is a good sign. But you have only texted with her once. She may not like to text. She may be very busy and can't / won't use her phone when she is doing other things. You may have caught her on a bad day.

Sometimes people who are flirty are kind of interested in you, but not yet hooked. If you spend more time with them and get to know them better, then maybe they will get hooked. Texting is easy, but it is a hard way to woo a lady.

I say pick a casual opportunity for another hangout 'my friends and I are having a welcome to spring soccer game, want to come?'

Spygirl likes this.
  3. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Some people aren't texters, will reply to questions and then just stop because they find texts annoying. Next time you see her in person bring it up in conversation-she was probably busy with something.

Gentry likes this.
  4. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

It's entirely possible that she's lost interest, or isn't interested in you....and it's entirely possible as @Nancy said -- that she's not into texting and doesn't really communicate that way.

Ask her to hang out and see how she acts in person. If she's still flirty and initiating further get togethers -- then you haven't scared her off. If she declines...then.....that might be your answer.

5. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Sometimes people just stop texting. Maybe she ran out of stuff to say. Maybe she didn't have a reply. And maybe life happened and she was cleaning the bathtub and then forgot or felt awkward or one of any million possible scenarios.

I get the overanalysing, it's easy to become self involved and think everything that happens however small is a reflection on something you did/said/didn't say/could have said initially.

But it's one exchange, you don't have enough text history to work out her style or her anomalies.

rac, Bluenote, Spygirl and 1 other person like this.
  6. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

If she cleans the bathtub, marry her.

Plane Jane and Emm like this.
  7. wicker_ne

wicker_ne Member

Fair enough. Thanks guys. I guess it took me the whole 2 weeks to text her so she could be having the same thoughts that I am... theres also the chance that she's simply not interested, or that she was busy washing the tub/ironing her car...

All I know is that I'd be perfectly happy having a 48hr text convo with my crush - I see her Thursday so we'll see what unfolds.

Emm and Bluenote like this.