Straight girl crushes

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by jaysea, Sep 13, 2013.

1. jaysea

jaysea Well-Known Member

Does anyone have these? And what do you do about it? Drop the crush or pursue anyways? I feel like most girls I've been interested in lately are straight. I dont know how to escape it lol. I dont know if its because my "gaydar" is so off and I'm mixing the signs then come to find out theyre straight or what. But whatever it is its kind of annoying.

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Hi jaysea:

In one sense perhaps you can stop looking at them as "straight" women but just women you like. I would like to submit that maybe your thoughts are maturing on the type of women that you like and your brain is finding the pattern. Just so happens that most of the women around you are straight.

The other sense now is that you do have to look at them as "straight" women if that is clear knowledge and not assume they would be flexible with their sexuality. As far as whether you pursue someone, I would say if she is worthwhile, then make yourself vulnerable and let her know you like her. If she doesn't fancy you and she is a good person, she would just be gracious. If she is hostile to a polite ask, then phooey to her anyway, she is not as good as you thought she was.

3. MisMashed

MisMashed Well-Known Member

HA! My life is basically just ONE straight girl crush after another....

I don't think there IS a cure... :)