Straight girl crush

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Danielle01, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Danielle01

Danielle01 Active Member

I need help I have a friend who is a mutual friend of mine so we now hang out a lot when we get together the past couple of times we spoke i haven't been sure if I'm picking up mixed signals or if she just a over friendly person you know the odd touch there laughing at every stupid or funny thing I said she didn't realise I was gay for a while it's not a secret lol but now she asks me if I'd walk her hone or if she looks nice in certain clothes or comments asking me if she was my type which is yes problem she says she's straight has kids but we are the same age I like her a lot but always do things to make my self feel more in control if she says something that I may I take in as her flirting so I'll say some thing to make her think I'm not bothered help please.

2. wonderlust

wonderlust Well-Known Member

Okay, so she's straight according to her but her actions say otherwise?

Well for me, as the cliche goes, which speaks louder? The actions or the words? There would always be one that is more consistent than the other. When people tell me they're straight, I take it at face value but at the same time, I've come to somewhat realize that with gender being as fluid as it is, just because people have led heterocentric lives, doesn't mean they're disqualified from switching teams. The same goes for gay people I guess, I've had some friends who were into women but then fell in love with their male spouses-- and for me that's A-okay too. Alright so I went on a tangent there.haha

Anyway, my point is, while I believe it's important to respect your friend's boundaries, if she's taking the steps or seem to be taking the step to go beyond them, I say that it gives you a bit of warrant to simply ask or be upfront with how you feel (I know, easier said than done). Because imo, the more you try to hide it and engage her in this push and pull of sorts--- the harder it'll be down the line to sort through the confusion and to come clean.

3. silliputty23

silliputty23 Well-Known Member

Well, a straight friend shouldn't be asking you if they're your type. I'd see that as leading you on. Because she knows you're gay and she's flirting with you, don't be afraid to be a little blunt. Respond with "Why? Are you planning on asking me on a date?" or..."Careful, I might mistake this as flirting."

Because she says she's straight, it's better that this is dealt with sooner than later. If she's not interested, she'll back off a bit when you make those aforementioned comments. You might not like this, but it'll be better for you in the long run that you didn't waste your time. If she's interested, she might just go along with it...or simply smile and blush.

She might be curious about you. Although, I feel like a woman would be more hesitant to call herself straight around you if she was interested. If interested, she wouldn't want you to give up on her.

greylin and rainydaze like this.
  4. Danielle01

Danielle01 Active Member

Hi thanks for the reply I think that will be next step just don't like to be making a fool of myself when we are gonna have to see each other again after but as they say you never know so I'll give it ago thanks for this it's just hard to read women in general lol.

5. Danielle01

Danielle01 Active Member

Thanks for this advice it's very helpful it's a pain not knowing where u stand with someone I think this is a great idea to try so I'll give this a go thank you for your advice.

6. Vonvon87

Vonvon87 Member

keep the control, but dont make it a game (if you get me), i am in a similar situation but let my guard down and now having to rebuild boundaries. Maybe she is into you, or maybe it's the attention she is liking, be cautious but be yourself.
    :)
    Vx

greylin likes this.
  7. Danielle01

Danielle01 Active Member

Thanks I'll keep things easy and see what happens I'll say something when I've had a drink and then when sober ill denie I said owt if she goes weird lol, begin myself is all I can do.

Vonvon87 likes this.