Straight but confused. Does she likes girl?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Ephemeride, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Ephemeride

Ephemeride New Member

Hi everyone!
    I indentify as straight but am very close to the LGBTQ+ community and have always thought If I ever had a crush on a girl I'd go for it.
    So at Uni, I met this girl , she is in my class in philosophy. The first time I saw her at a reunion I thought she looked very interesting, with an original style and everything. She looked like a chill person. Then I didn't see her for a few days (we didnt talk at all at the reunion. I don't even know her name!! But we crossed again when she was leaving a room. I looked right in her eyes and smiled but couldn't say Hi or anything. She made me feel so awkward and shy! So she just smiled back. At that point I didn't know we had a class in commin. And on thursday night, as I came late in the class room I saw her sitting in the room . I was like YESSSSSSSS! Finally!!!!! But we didn't talk cause you know, gotta be good in class . She has long hair, and quite a tomboy style. From her look I'd say she is the kindda girl who goes to rave party. She looks so cool and I'm so shy and I don't even know if she is queer or not! So here I am , asking you ; how could I know if she likes girl? Are there any signs? Thank you for your help ☺️☺️

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

There are signs, but not every queer girl has them.

I guess my question is, if you are straight, why does it matter to you if this girl is QLBT? The feeling you are describing could just be a 'friend crush,' not a 'holy crap I am gay' crush.

Just talk to her. It's the best way to figure out if she is gay. Talk to her, once you know her, work some LGBTQ topics into your conversation and go from there.

3. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

So... in order to know if she is queer, you need to know more about her. In order to know more about her, you need to talk to her. That's how you know if she likes girls: you talk to her, get to know her, and maybe it comes up. This has the added benefit of being how you get to know her, so that if she likes girls, you will have some basis for the flirtation you're thinking about launching. (This is also how, down the road, you will know if she is interested in you, specifically; you will have to talk to her and ask her. Communication is the secret code, and honestly, there are no shortcuts.)

Every other minute, it seems like there's someone on here asking for the magic decoder ring for queermos. "Signs" are well and good, but they mostly only work for queer women who are choosing to advertise - whether they're style cues, interests, name dropping, body language, etc. We don't all have a secret handshake or catalog of approved haircuts, and rainbows anklets have been optional since we all left middle school.

rac and Ephemeride like this.
  4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

That was a thing? God, I feel so old...

Ephemeride likes this.
  5. Ephemeride

Ephemeride New Member

Thank you for your answers :) I'll try to be on time next thursday and sit next to her !
    And I don't feel like it's a friend crush, I find her very attractive, but only time will tell me if it really is!

6. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

I mean, for the thirteen-year-old baby queers out there, sure! Nothing like subverting girl scout camp crafts for your pre-adolescent coming out party.

Otherwise, no, definitely not.