St.Petersburg, Russia - is it safe?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by JammeJ, Feb 22, 2017.

1. JammeJ

JammeJ Member

Hi guys. I need your advice. I've working in USA for 5 years, I like my job. But now I have a business trip to Russia, St. Petersburg. U know the news look scary. I am very afraid to go. But I can't lose my job. Who was this year in St. Petersburg? Is it safe during the day, late at night?

2. Filip

Filip New Member

Its not 90th, now everything is ok and safe. I've been in St.Petersburg btw, a month ago) People are nice and friendly to foreigners, ive visited some sightseeings. But what about night, i dont know much, one time i went out to Zavist strip bar,ordered a taxi to go there, it was ok, nobody tried to take my money or grab me. Just be accurate and too naive, bad people can be everywhere)

3. Manson

Manson New Member

It is safe in Russia nowadays. I also used to hear a lot of frightening things going on now, mostly it's made up stories. Just keep to the centre where there's safe tourist area and all the fun.
    Take a stroll down Nevsky prospekt. it's the most animated street with a bunch of awesome venues like bar with excellent local cuisine, O'Hooligans pub with a variety of beer tastes. Zavist bar is cool too, I agree. It's one of the best in its kind with entertaining shows and go-go dance. Basically any restaurant you might drop in on Nevsky is really high-profile that won't let leave you disappointed. Well it's up to you could go and eat local dish ""shaverma'' instead, it's kinda street food but really yummy)