So there's this girl...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by RedPine, Jul 10, 2014.

1. RedPine

RedPine Member

I recently started a new job and I met a girl. She's in charge of training me and a few others in how to properly execute certain job functions. Physically, she's my type: short, blonde hair, blue eyes, nice body, amazing smile, etc. But I wasn't that attracted to her when I first met her.

Our training was to last 5 days. The first two days, whenever we'd interact, there would be a fair amount of joking around, making eye contact, and smiling at one another. Basically, we were pretty friendly and borderline flirtatious. The more I got to know her, the more I liked her.

At the store, there's an "employee wall" which showcases employees from all over the country. Not only is she on the wall but her picture is definitely the best one. After the second day of training ended, I complimented her on the picture and told her I thought it was adorable. She smiled, said thanks, and her co-workers who were sitting with her at the time also complimented her.

Here's where the dilemma begins. The third day of training starts and something is amiss. Gone are the playful looks and banter between us. She won't make eye contact, and I catch her looking at me throughout the day but she's quick to look away. During training, she seems hesitant to train me--almost as if she wished I wasn't there. It bothered me. I thought about the compliment and decided that I had probably made her feel uncomfortable. The following day, I pulled her aside, apologized, and told her I wasn't hitting on her and didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable. She laughed, said she didn't think I had been hitting on her, and said that she thought the compliment was sweet. We then chatted a bit about my recent hair cut (I used to have long hair and now it's really short), she asked to see a picture, and when she saw it, said she liked my hair better short. We really didn't engage much for the rest of the day, but things seemed to get a little better.

On day five, the last day of training, she smiled warmly at me, said hello and we engaged in a bit of the banter that had been present during the first two days of training. I would also catch her looking at me every now and then, but with less... Apprehension? Disgust? I'm not sure. The point is whatever she was feeling on day three wasn't there, or she was doing a really good job of hiding it. Now to my question: what happened? Or what is happening? I didn't think my compliment was that crazy, but perhaps I was out of line. I haven't seen her for a few days but I'll be working with her tomorrow and I'm not really sure how I should act.

I like this girl, she's funny, smart, sweet, and just a genuinely good person. In a perfect world, we'd be friends. I'm not even close to being in her league because her hotness is out of this world, so I feel pretty strongly that she didn't all of a sudden become a big ball of nerves and start ignoring me because she was attracted to me on day three. Christ, I'm losing my point. Any advice you all could give would be awesome. Thanks for reading.

2. Kaiden

Kaiden Well-Known Member

well, she was doing her job, while you were focusing on the things made up in your mind. what person doesn't make eye contact to you when you are communicating? she can't really give you the whole attention, she has others to teach too. is a part of her job to smile, communicate and make you all feel comfortable. is called "diplomacy"

3. Anonymus

Anonymus Well-Known Member

Yup could be :) Act like professional and try not to loose job on sexual harassment or embarrass yourself in front of others :)