Snowboarding anyone?? Or other...

Discussion in 'Hobbies, Health & Fitness, Sports' started by lynds126, Jul 7, 2013.

1. lynds126

lynds126 Well-Known Member

Any other snowboarders here??

Or martial artists??

=DD

2. alarminglycharming

alarminglycharming Active Member

Board every year in CO and last year went to UT for the first time. Loved it and definitely adding it to my annual trip list. Where do you usually board?

3. lynds126

=O!!!! Another boarder!!!!

I've been to CO once, we spent a day on keystone. It was pretty nice but really crowded. I had a pretty bad wipe out there. I usually go to a small hill in Iowa. In the Midwest, we take what we can get. This past winter I took my new board to Europe and boarded in the alps and then to NY. =D it was a good year!

4. alarminglycharming

alarminglycharming Active Member

Nice! Haven't made it to the Alps yet but heard great things about Le trois vallees. I went in July in Chile a few years back which was awesome. Got in a summer fix :)

I've never been to Keystone, usually go to Breck/Vail and this past year Copper. I used to have a season pass back in college to Whiteface in upstate NY. East coast < West coast, but it's something :D

5. globetrotter

globetrotter Member

Try to go every year the Alpen.

6. Chris

Chris Member

Skiing the whole winter here in Switzerland (sorry, I never recovered from my sole attempt with snowboarding ;-). Can't wait for the season to begin actually! I would love to try it in the Rockies one day, I heard it's quite different, with broader slopes and more powder.

7. lynds126

I'm quite partial to the mountains in Europe. I don't know, they do snow better there =pp So I'm gonna have to say the powder in the Rockies is nothing compared to European brand

8. suesan

suesan Member

Just got into it this year after growing up skiing.

So much more challenging (imo)!

9. Cricket

Cricket Well-Known Member

I've been snowboarding for about ten years...last year was the first time I felt like I had to pull back on the reigns a bit and was a little more cautious. I guess I'm getting old.