Smiley face means end of Convo??

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Wen, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Wen

Wen Member

I just got a job as a part-time receptionist for 5 days. And I met this girl for the first time who's working in the company. We first talked to one another on my 2nd day of work in the pantry. My gaydar was alarming me that this girl here is 80% gay. She has short punkish hair and she wears slippers instead of heels. I clearly remember that she wore heels to work but surely they are killing her that she needs to change them for comfort.

So she is definitely cute and I would love to be her friend and get to know her more. During my last day of work, I mustered all my courage and picked up the phone and dialed her extension number. I told her that this was the last day that i'd be working. She cut me off at mid-sentence and said she would love to get my facebook and stay connected. I was shocked and blurted out that I actually wanted to get her number instead. Well, she gave me her number and I texted her.

We added each other on facebook and we even whatsapp too. The problem is I feel like she's not that responsive when we were texting. I feel like I'm the only one making the effort in the conversation. At the end she just put a smiley face as a reply. I mean how am i supposed to continue the convo if that's all she responded?? Please give me some advice ! :shock:

P.S : i;ve never ever asked for anyone's number before. this was the first time and I was really really really nervous when i did something like that

2. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Well, I'd say it means that she didn't have much to say other than that she was smiling at whatever you said.
    She could have been busy and distracted and just put the smiley face as acknowledgement.
    Or she could have wanted to end the convo.
    Or she might be a mono-syllabic texter. There are a fair few of those about.

I'd just take the hint and keep texts brief and not so frequent. I know that's hard when u like her, but that's what I would do. She might even ring u up within a month or so and ask you to meet for coffee/ activity/ whatever. Somepeople are not in that much of a hurry.

Either way, back off a bit. See what happens.

3. Wen

Wen Member

Thanks for the advice!
    I said hi to her again on last Friday night. I mean it wasn't like the easiest thing to do because I might not get a respond.
    However, surprisingly enough, she replied me. She was being very communicative and responsive all at the same time. Our conversation was going well which I totally didn't expect it to be. Hooray for that!
    She told me she's participating in a table tennis tournament on Saturday and so at the end I said Goodluck.
    On Sunday, i texted her again with the same "Hi" and I also asked her about her match. She replied she won and so i said congratulations and tried to prompt for a convo like how often does she has to join all these matches. Well...I got no response until this moment. :(
    Yes, like what you're saying, back off a little and see what comes next :roll:

4. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Don't read too much into it. If you want just give it a break for a bit and then actually call her and ask her if she wants to go for coffee.