Site format/layout issues

Discussion in 'AE & Site-Related Specific' started by root, May 2, 2014.

1. root

root Member

AE's layout is all scrambled and wonky. Is it just me?

2. cbbred

cbbred Member

The new ad at the top above the header, which actually doesn't display in Chrome or IE-- just black background I had to check it in Firefox, is causing all the tiles to overlap on their descriptions and some pictures. The tiles also consistently, prior to the last few days, don't line up, are blurry and/or cant be clicked on. :? whomever is testing/designing the site really needs to go over it periodically since the site is updated so frequently and in all major browsers. It seems to be broken in all of them. good luck ;)

3. Diane

Diane Member

It's a MESS! I've been checking back for some days now, can't read much of anything on the front page - hope it's fixed soon!

4. Ottie

Ottie Member

Yep - it is screwy for me in Chrome - homepage overlaps all of the posts. Safari seems okay though.

5. Iris

Iris Member

so, its been a month for me of not being able to read anything on the front page.

Any news??

6. AfterEllen.comAdmin

AfterEllen.comAdmin Active Member

If you're having problems can you please post some screen shots here please?

If the problem is just with ads overlapping, adding Adblock Plus to your browser will hide all ads also.

7. Shades

Shades Member

I tried the Firefox ad blocker plus add on. It did not help. Here is a screenshot.
    [​IMG]

8. tripleM

tripleM Member

I have this exact same problem. It's horrible cause I can't see any new posts! It looks exactly like the picture above, nothing new after May 28th, and all the titles overlapped.

9. audiocowgirl

audiocowgirl Member

Same issue in Firefox for me. Haven't been able to access front page in weeks.

10. SpartyHardy

SpartyHardy Member

Ugh, who is the web developer/ content manager for this "site" I just typed out a very detailed account of my experience, hoping to help then hit post only to have the page redirect to a page asking me for additional information before I could "join" um...I joined like six years ago. At least if you are going to auto redirect users you should use a board that auto-saves posts so that losing content is less of an issue. Pretty sure the site used to do that.

Anyway. The front page is all jumbled in every browser I have used (Chrome, Firefox, Firefox Aurora, Nightly, and IE). It has been that way for a while now. It was like that for most of May but then the front page cleared up for maybe a little over a week. There were still the same jumbling problems if you clicked the "Load More" button at the bottom of the screen, but at least you could tell what was on the front page.

Now the front page has gone back to being jumbled with new content getting shoved down and old articles and pictures layered directly over top of each other. Even worse the text gets layered over top of other text which makes it all just a blurry mess. I noticed the same problem in the subcategories if you use the organizational links. Like if I click "TV" and select a specific show the first page of results might be okay, or might be jumbled but no matter what after I click "Load More" it all gets jumbled and unreadable.

It is not an ad problem and AdBlock or add-ons like it will not help. I thought it might be OS related but I've tried using a Mac instead of a PC and still had the same problems. As I can recall the first day I noticed the issue was May 1. There is something wonky about the syntax of this site. I'm including an image since those were requested, I tried to capture what the overlapping looks like since it may not have been as visible in the other posted image. The screen grab was taken from today so you should notice the dates on the overlapping articles are from at least four days ago. If you've read this much hopefully I've helped or at least not wasted any time.

[​IMG]

11. GREENDEMON95

GREENDEMON95 Member

I had the same problem, but I was able to get the homepage working, so I thought I'd share.

Chrome: I was able to use an incognito window to view the homepage properly.
    So I deleted all my cookies, History/Clear all browsing data (with cookies checked), the page now loads properly for me.

Firefox: deleting the cookies through the History/Clear Recent History (with cookies checked) didn't work for some reason, so I used the cookie feature in this add-on:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/web-developer/
    Using the web-developer add-on you can disable all cookies, and the page now loads properly for me.

Hopefully that works for anyone else having problems with the homepage. :)