Should it stay or should it go?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by consrock, Jul 13, 2015.

1. consrock

consrock Member

Ladies, I have a bit of a conundrum, I'm 6 months out of a long term relationship and doing ok (big props to the good ladies of this forum who were instrumental in getting me through the aftermath of the breakup).

And now I'm thinking it's time for a bit of a life laundry and that means addressing the box of GF stuff that's been loitering in the spare room for a while.
    The box is full of photos, cards, mementoes from dates etc that covers 10 years or so. I don't look at the stuff cos it bums me out (might not one day of course) but should I keep it?

There's also the issue of her GAP hoody that has lived with me for many many years, it was for her to wear when she stayed over. And I wore it when she wasn't here if I was missing her (yes, yes, I know).

So, dump the stuff or chuck it in the loft?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Loft.

You guys had a 'we just grew apart' break up. You may feel different about things down the road and will wish you had some of those things. 6 months isn't that long out of a 10 year relationship.

3. consrock

consrock Member

Yeah, true.. Course I have all the stuff I gave her too cos she wouldn't take it all with her when she left. Can't imagine she's too concerned if I keep that tho.

4. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Throw out some of it at least. Definitely throw out the hoodie. Just start by getting rid of any of that type of clothing. It'll make you feel better

5. consrock

consrock Member

Well I've not been near the hoody since she left so no prob never seeing it again really. Should I offer it back to her tho?
    On second thoughts it occurs to me that makes it sound like I'm trying to engineer a meeting - so not. I'd just chuck it in the post.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  6. jinxie

jinxie Member

I say toss it. I mean if you want to move on in a healthy way, makes no sense keeping it.

7. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Just chuck it in the trash. It'd be weird if she started wearing it to. It's hard with stuff like that but I think you should just throw it out

8. consrock

consrock Member

Alrighty then, hoody off to the recycling centre. Box of stuff off to the loft.
    Sorted.
    Cheers ladies xx

jinxie, aussie_gabby and Bluenote like this.
  9. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Yeah, get rid of it. Every time you see the stuff it'll bring up memories you probably don't want to have. Plus, any new lady in your life will wonder why you held on to it.