She invited me over for our 2nd date

Discussion in 'Advice (Dear AE...)' started by sofakingsweet, Nov 6, 2018.

1. sofakingsweet

sofakingsweet Well-Known Member

I recently started dating this woman. We've been talking every day and our first date went really well. She asked me if I wanted to come over for our second date but she said no sex. How do I know she's not playing hard to get? I'm obviously going to respect what she wants but she's expressed that she likes women who are assertive and dominant. Is sex on the 2nd date a bad idea?

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Assertive and dominant people respect consent. Anything done without consent makes someone a creep.

Any type of "play" needs to be spelled out and done safely, no way I would interpret anything as a "hidden message".

3. sofakingsweet

sofakingsweet Well-Known Member

Oh no, I wouldn't do anything without her consent. I'm always the "nice guy" and it's gotten me friend zoned a lot, so I just wanted to see if there's some hidden message. Not saying I'm gonna start being a creep but I do want to be more assertive and dominant when it's appropriate to. She's expressed cuddling, and I'm def fine with that.

What's a good dish to cook? Neither of us cook but I think it would be a fun thing to do for our second date.

Thanks Greylin.

4. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Sounds like a fun night! :)

Well, I would ask her about her diet restrictions and maybe make it easy and light by cooking childhood favorites? Something that was hers and something that was yours? Please come back and tell us how it went.

5. Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict Well-Known Member

About your first question, always assume she is being serious. Think about it like she took the pressure off of figuring out if she wants sex or no, so all the attention is in getting to know each other, enjoy the evening.

About your second question, Grey's idea is good. If you don't cook much you can try something easy like a cake or brownies, something premixed. Pasta is always easy to make and easy to customize. Again, you can get something from the store that is easy to prepare and not completely from scratch.