She has never been in love

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Olivia, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Olivia

Olivia Member

So I am 18 and there is this girl that I really like (she goes to my school) and I always kinda knew that she was also into girls although she did not say anything about her sexuality. I always catch her looking at me but it is more a staring than looking and I kind of got this feeling that she might like me too. Anyways every time she sees me she comes running to me, hugs me and at partys she always stays where I stay. So my friends asked her what type of guy she prefers and she answered that she is open to really anything (assumption verified) but she has never been in love before.

And this is why I am confused. She really shows signs of interest but she has never been in love? Well okay there is of course a huge difference between love and interest but this should be seen in the most superficial way as possible for now!

And there is another problem, since we are graduating I might never see her again so how do I approach her? How do I keep contact with her? I am really afraid that I am coming on too strong.

2. _mirage_

_mirage_ Well-Known Member

I think you answered you're own question: there's a difference between love and interest. It seems that she 'likes' you; she enjoys being around you. Even though you may pick up some romantic underlyings, that doesn't mean that she's in love with you. Being in love during the teen years is a hard thing to accomplish, not even just because of 'maturity' or blah-blah, but because you are in a very busy time of your life! I would just believe her when she says she's never been in love. Just shrug it off and don't think about it too much--it's not so much something to 'get' as it is to accept.

I think if she's showing signs of interest, you should make a move if you feel the same way. Depending on how close you are, you can ask her out somewhere just the two of you. It doesn't have to be a date or anything, but some personal one-on-one time may benefit the relationship you want to keep with her as you graduate. Get to know her, get her number, get her email, friend her on FB, and start true conversation (not just, hey what's up, nm, you?).

At least if you are coming off too strong, you are being heard! haha, Take the first move and see what happens. Be persistent, but not controlling or annoying. Just remember to give her time to respond and show you her own pace.