Seeing signs? Maybe I'm just crazy (in love)

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by missdianaxo, Nov 3, 2014.

1. missdianaxo

missdianaxo Member

Soo I'm back. I originally posted about a girl on my bus who I always would stare at because she's so beautiful and I am incredibly attracted and intrigued by her. We'd make eye contact but then I'd look away because I'm shy and it was overwhelming. I assumed we made eye contact because she was thinking why I was staring at her.
    She's also in my class. She use to sit on the opposite side of the classroom (think 300 person lecture hall) but she's slowly moved closer and closer to my side of the classroom. She'd turn around and look at me when she was leaving the classroom and just kind of glance my way once in a while.
    And then last class, she came and sat in the row behind me. and today? Beside me. She'll sit and sort of stare at me outside the classroom but we haven't spoken yet, there's just a lot of staring.
    We've never spoken but I've seen her on facebook through mutual friends and it says she's "single" but interested in men.
    I don't understand the staring.

She's the first girl I've ever truly been attracted to. I've thought women were pretty, and I do identify as bisexual, but I've never been so head over heels for a girl, especially one I've never spoken to.
    I feel like there's some signs there but I'm not sure. What do you think? I know I should talk to her although I"m still thinking about what to start the conversation.
    :|

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Re: Seeing signs? Maybe I'm just crazy (in lo...

Yeah that is a little strange unless you're just wanting to see those signs. I don't think it hurts to talk to her if she sits next to you next time in class. How about some friendly, general banter like, "How are you finding this class?", "How was your day?", or "How are you going with your assignment for this course?", etc. I think that's pretty low pressure and it's something that your classmate can relate to. In fact I think that's what I said to all of my classmates who I ended up chatting to... something general like that.

3. Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict Well-Known Member

Ahh, young love, a glance is enough to feel crazy, :)

I agree, you can just start conversation about anything, you just need a starting point. Weather is also a good topic, hehe. You can also say "hey, wanna grab some coffee?" Coffee never fails ;) After you make the first contact, you can even start a study group with her.

If everything else fails, when she sits next to you, pretend to drop a piece of paper or your pen to her side, hehe.

Remember, just start with something casual, anything will do.

Good luck,

--CA

4. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

Just ask her some stupid question about an assignment. Or how she did on a test? is she nervous for your next test... does she wanna study partner? lol. That's usually how most conversations i have at school start anyways.

Moses likes this.
  5. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Start simple. Next time you catch eyes, smile, if she's in ear shot say hi, work your way up to "how did you find that essay?" Let conversation roll naturally and you never know. Just starring at her isn't going to get you anywhere, say hi.

Bluenote likes this.
  6. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Yes, Nancy has it. Just go up and make some small talk.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Spygirl likes this.
  7. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Or dump the entire contents of ur bag 'by accident' between the two of u. Make sure there are lots of loose pens n stuff that can go rolling. Any decent person would feel obliged to engage in the awkward scrambing under seats etc to help you gather stuff up. So she will. If u are flustered by interacting with her, it will b disguised as a 'gosh, look what's happened to my bag. What a ninkapoop am I' reaction. This will break the ice and chatting will b much easier afterthat. If u want to b really clever...stick something gay into ur bag...like...I don't know. ..a magazine or something.

Spygirl and Bluenote like this.
  8. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

If money's no object have you considered hiring a plane and sky writing? OK that's a little far fetched but makes saying hi look easier

Spygirl and Bluenote like this.
  9. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Personally, I like the sky writing idea....and if I were to try the accidental bag dumping thing, I'd probably strike some innocent passerby in the eye with a pen or something. :)

Nancy likes this.
  10. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

In a 300 person lecture hall you can't really tell if she's actually moving closer to you in each class, or just finding a different or better seat each time she comes in. She may look at you because she recognizes you from the bus. If you want to know if she wants to get to know you, ask her a question. Have you missed a class? Ask if she can tell you what your homework assignment was, or if you can see her notes. Or, during a break make some sort of comment about not actually understanding something the professor said and ask if she did. Just do something ordinary to start the conversation and see where it leads.

Moses likes this.
  11. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Nah, you've got superspy skills.

Spygirl and Nancy like this.