Scared to come out

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by San_ity, May 10, 2014.

1. San_ity

San_ity Member

Okay, so my parents are split up and my mum has a boyfriend, but both my parents and mums boyfriend are really homophobic and I'm really afraid to come out to them.
    I've known I was gay for three years now and they've constantly been pressuring me to get a boyfriend (I'm seventeen and about to graduate) but I don't want a boyfriend.
    On top of that, my supposed 'friend' at school told everyone I was a 'fag' and a 'dyke' to everyone and now no one will talk to me and I'm getting abuse hurled at me from everyone. I'm afraid that if I tell my family then I'll be kicked out or get abuse from them too, and if I finally confirm what my 'friend' has told everyone then it'll get even worse at school.

Any help?

2. daydreamer33

daydreamer33 Active Member

Do you have any friends or family you can trust? Even a teacher you feel comfortable with would be helpful. Don't put yourself in a dangerous situation. There are people out there who will want to help you if you look for them. Now may not be the right time to come out if it puts you at risk. I am concerned for you. Hang in there.

3. xlesdopex

xlesdopex Member

Im Kaya :D and im new to all of this. Im 14 and im gay. I know im young and some people might think its a phase but its not. I've felt this way since Kindergarten, when I had a crush on my best friend Lizzie and I got really jealous when she started talking to this boy named Andrew.
    I've came out to my father and my best friend Kaliyah, and I got the same response. They told me they support me in every thing I do and that sexuality wouldn't change the way they thought of me.
    But that's not what im worried about. Im afraid to tell my mom. Two or three years ago my older sister was friends with a lesbian and my mom completely flipped. She said, "You are no longer allowed to hang out with her, people like that are of the devil and shouldn't be associated with people of god."
    Im afraid my mom will disown me and kick me out of the house and I don't want that. Its summer so I don't really see people like that and I don't feel like I should tell people im gay through social media. If anyone ever sees this help please it would help a lot.

4. Anna.G

Anna.G Member

Not sure if you still check this thread, but here's my 2 cents..

Your sexuality/orientation/preference/interest is no one else's business but your own. I can understand why people would love to get their loved ones involved with their private lives. Truth is at this age, it's best to hang in there. Nothing is permanent. Days pass, life goes on. Don't get discouraged, today the pressure might be on for you to get a boyfriend (wtf? Real parental figures usually DON'T pressure their children to do that sort of things in my book.), but as you will grow older, that number one pressure WILL make you laugh. Don't lose sleep over that, do lose sleep over being young. If you can't find someone you can trust near you, come to AE, chat with us. Please don't put yourself in any uncomfortable situations. Ignorance is bliss. High school is like having to wear diapers as a baby, you cringe when you're reminded of it, but then you laugh. Mean people are just afraid. Cheer up!

:)