San Francisco, L.A., National parks

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Emily-thedreamer, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Emily-thedreamer

Hey everyone

Next summer my girlfriend and I will be travelling to San Fran, L.A., national parks, etc.
    Big tour on the list.
    If anyone would have recommendations: things to see, cute restaurants, nice places to stay, etc..that would be brilliant :)
    Am already looking forward to it, making plans is part of the fun :)
    We are sitting here with guide books and our laptops as I speak (write:))... also difficult to make choices. Which national parks do you think are the best? Grand canyon, Bryce already on the list but Yosemite or Yellow stone?

Greets

2. martina2

martina2 Member

Hiya,

Just come back from USA.. Went to LA, San Diego, Grand Canyon, Vegas, Yosemite then on to San Fran. Had the best time ever!
    Driving was tiring but the scenery is totally worth it. Stayed at Maswik Lodge at a Grand Canyon, was reasonably priced compared to everywhere else in the park and pretty much right on the rim. If you're going to LA I'd stay in Venice or Santa Monica, there's lots of nice places to eat, drink etc. also stayed at a hotel called Mosser Hotel in San Fran, cheap but great value and right by Union Sq so central to everything.
    Hope that helps :)

3. martina2

martina2 Member

Oh and Yosemite was amazing, so beautiful!!

4. Emily-thedreamer

Thanks for the response =-) it was helpful :) didn't expect any answers anymore after some months so still nice you made the effort.