Salutations from Seattle!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Liv Liv, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Liv Liv

Liv Liv Member

Obviously, I'm new here and would love to meet some cool people! :)
    In all honesty though, I never know exactly what to say in these "share something about yourself" or "introduction" deals... so, yeah... awkward...

Hmm, well I guess that counts as sharing something about myself... I can be awkward. Any other awkwardians out there?? Also, I love meeting new people although I'm a bit shy sometimes. I have a cat, whom I adore. In everyday life, I tend to make bird noises (not intentionally... for example if I'm cold or I drop something or trip, a lot of things really). I like to dance. I enjoy poetry. My thumbs are probably double jointed. I enjoy reading and learning new things, then talking to people about those things...

Okay, that's all I can think to say about myself but hey, I'm a multifaceted being, as we all are, and there's no way to get to know me in a couple lines of text. Therefore, I'm going to attempt to simplify things:

How was your day?

In fact, how are you in general??

Do you like my new word "awkwardian" to describe a group of people who identify as awkward? (personally, I think it's pretty spiffy, but I'm bias)

Also, Hi! :)

Bluenote likes this.
  2. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Hi, welcome :)

Making bird noises with a cat could be hazardous.....
    and awkwardian has a classy ring to it, nice work with that one :)

Bluenote likes this.
  3. Liv Liv

Liv Liv Member

You have a point, it could be hazardous! Luckily, she hasn't gotten any ideas... yet...
    and thank you, glad you like it :)

Emm likes this.
  4. Jemstone

Jemstone Active Member

Hi and welcome to AE!

And hello fellow awkwardian! Haha, I like that phrase. Just the word it self sounds awkward! I may have to use that from now on! ;)

Do you do any specific types of dance or just dancing in general?

5. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

Another awkwardian northwestener?! We can tell @Bluenote about the amazing blossoms here :p

I too probably have double jointed thumbs... I can also wiggle my ears and roll my tongue... Welcome to the ae nut house :)

6. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Ruh roh. We're on the cold end today. No blossoms here, @Just Me !

Welcome to AE. There's some cool people here. Post cute cat stuff in the 'oogling thread.' (it's misnamed, idk why?)

And bonus points if your cat can polka. Or speak Russian. Da. (Valentine's thread).

And don't worry about being awkwardian; we've got enough skittles vodka and scotch whisky for that (@aussie_gabby is in charge of class around here) to loosen things up.

You don't happen to be a Brandi Carlile fan, do ya?

Just Me likes this.
  7. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

I am?!? Ok Gabby, you can do this... Just sit quietly in the corner and don't say anything

Emm likes this.
  8. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Bluenote likes this.
  9. Bluenote

Well, you prefer a nice scotch whiskey to disolving oreos in vodka.

So that's a start...

10. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

It's just inefficient to wait that long...eat the damn Oreos while doing shots, same effect in the end

rac and Bluenote like this.
  11. aussie_gabby

This is true. I also don't like Oreos (or skittles while were at it ).

But I also enjoy melting peanut butter over ice cream.... I'm not sure where that rests on the class scale

12. Bluenote

Fondue is always classy.

13. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

It's peanut butter......save time and use satay sauce.....sweet jesus...I think it fell off the scale

14. aussie_gabby

Satay sauce instead of peanut butter? You already drank that bucket of martinis didn't you ....

Emm likes this.
  15. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

I saved time and set up an IV delivery system :)

Liv Liv and Bluenote like this.
  16. Liv Liv

Liv Liv Member

Hey, @Jemstone so I actually do something called ecstatic dance where you don't have to be a dancer or anything. It's basically just moving your body to the music in whatever way feels most authentic to you whether that's a certain style or just some style you make up... it can be kind of weird. Some people do partner dance and some just dance by themselves (mostly what I do). It's actually pretty awesome and can be a lot of fun! I like it, at least :D

Yes @Just Me . The blossoms here are pretty great and I didn't mind the 60 degree temp where I am today either...

I can also do those odd bodily phenomena, plus touch my nose with my tongue. The nut house just got a new member!

Thanks for the tip on where to find cute cat stuff @Bluenote ! Especially if there are cats that can Polka or speak Russian (or both). Now I can shamelessly waste more hours of my day :rolleyes: hehe...

Is Skittles vodka a real thing?! Not that I'd be surprised... Now, if Reese's vodka exists, that's another story. One that might change my world. Let me just say if it does not exist, it should. Something tells me a fellow peanut butter lover in this thread might back me up on this. :)

Brandi Carlile is one of those I knew I had heard before and liked... but THANK YOU for bringing it up. I legitimately spent about 45 minutes or more listening / watching music videos and I absolutely love her and her style, lyrics, musicality, everything! I might have cried... just, fantastic. Definitely added to my list of favorite artists.

Just Me likes this.
  17. Canuckgrl

Canuckgrl Member

Is awkward!!...but finding this site a bit awkward too...lol.....just new and looking around for now....melted peanut butter on ice creams sounds delicious!
    Likes skittles too.

18. Bluenote

@Liv Liv , She's a Seattle girl, so try and catch her live. She's great in concert and usually stays and signs stuff.

What other music do you like?

ps Trader Joe's dark chocolate peanut butter cups...

19. aussie_gabby

I don't know about peanut butter vodka but maybe peanut butter schnapps!

Liv Liv likes this.
  20. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member