Sad we didn't make it as friends and I won't ...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Love*Cali, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Love*Cali

Love*Cali Well-Known Member

I posted about this girl a while ago. I'd stopped talking to her and her two friends at work quite a while ago because they were too cliquish and I heard something about myself that bothered me. This girl did not say it; I guess I backed off for extra measure. She was also increasingly harder to talk to and came across to me as unresponsive and disinterested. She started trying to be friendly a few months later and my responses were short or cold. Every now and then, she would stare as I talked with other coworkers; I never figured why or what she was thinking but thought maybe she was wanting to start talking again. I wanted to be friends with her again, because we got along in the past, but didn't know how to get along with her and didn't trust her. She stopped trying. Somewhere along the line, I began to feel like i had a bi crush on her though I had never thought that way about her before.

Tonight, I heard her talking with someone about it being her last day. I suddenly felt pretty disappointed. Later, she said "they made me cry twice tonight" as someone walked away and I turned and asked "a customer?" before walking away. I didn't know how to talk to her, though I wish I had stayed to listen to her. At the end of the night, she asked if I would be working on Thursday. I said no and as though we had been friends, she made a sad face like she was going to miss me and said that that was going to be her last day. She did actually look like she had cried that night and she was sincere. I asked why, she gave a laugh and said she was just done. A coworker cut in and that was the end of our convo. It was odd because I knew we hadn't been talking and getting along and I wondered if she felt forced to say something or if she was last minute trying a shot at being friends. Usually, people you don't talk with much just leave, don't say it's their last day and don't bother acting like they're going to miss you. She said bye to that coworker and I looked away as she was about to pass (I didn't expect anything) but she did look at me and say bye. I said "bye" in the disinterested voice I'd used for months....I didn't think about it; it's just what came out. We passed each other once more just later...I walked into the employee closet to get my stuff to leave and she was in there (I knew she was) I said "oh" and stepped aside as she just quickly walked right past and out the door.

Mostly I'm just disappointed we didn't go on to be friends. It's possible that crush was just me wanting to be friends again with her. But I'm wondering about and trying to figure out the relationship...was it simply that she wanted to be friends the whole time and I was just an a**hole? And was she really trying to say bye cause she was sad/would miss me or was she just trying to be appropriate?

I feel a bit...pathetic to say it but I feel a bit lost now. I had a crush to look forward to going into work and I had someone to try to impress...even if we weren't really talking. It'd be nice to hear some opinions and ideas.

2. thisisnotme

thisisnotme Member

Re: Sad we didn't make it as friends and I wo...

Try and find out if she is going into work on Thursday and try and catch her then. Ask her out for a drink and try a friendship outside of work. Make it a fresh start and build your trust from that. If it works then it was meant to happen that way.

3. Love*Cali

Love*Cali Well-Known Member

Re: Sad we didn't make it as friends and I wo...

It would be so obvious and possibly creepy if I just showed up Thursday.