Recently had a lesbian-themed movie marathon....

Discussion in 'Movies with Lesbian/Bi Themes' started by iNatashacy, Jan 6, 2014.

1. iNatashacy

iNatashacy Member

I need somebody to fangirl with me over the hot ladies in the movies I watched!
    I recently watched: Loving Annabelle, Elena Undone, I can't think straight, Kiss Me, Imagine Me and You (My fav <3), Gray Matters, But I'm a cheerleader

It's kind of lonely in my little bubble of feels when there's literally no one from where I'm from who understand how AMAZING these shows are :lol:

Somebody come in my little bubble too please!! :D Haha!!!

RRB89 likes this.
  2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Re: Recently had a lesbian-themed movie marat...

Oh, I loved Imagine Me and You! What a great movie... "You're a wanker, number 9!!" haha <3

Hated But I'm a Cheerleader though.

RRB89, Chris Chris and Marz like this.
  3. Crawler_92

Crawler_92 Member

Only watched Loving Annabelle and Imagine Me and You out of them, Imagine Me and You was my favourite just for the comedy!! Love Lena Headey!!

4. lovelesbians

lovelesbians Member

haha, I loved "but im a cheerleader" really funny and cute movie.
    although her cheer at the end could have been more enthusiastic.

I've seen all these movies, except "elena undone"

most were not memorable to me, except "i can't think straight" the assertive character in that movie, cant remember her name, was very inspirational.

"gray matters" was not a great movie, but Heather Graham was sure cute... I love her curves.

Even if some or most of these movies aren't wonderful memorable literary works, it's at least great to be able to see movies that are love stories about lesbians, not always the same ole boring boy/girl romances.

I recommend "circumstance" and "room in rome" these are pretty good works.... let me know what you think, anyone, if you watch these....

5. farmgirl9

farmgirl9 New Member

Omg I Can't Think Straight is the best movie, it has an amazing story line and great actors that have amazing chemistry. There story was just such an inspiration for so many. Imagine Me and You is also good and more G rated for people that aren't so exposed to the full extent of the relationships. So in rankings of the best I'd have to go with I can't think straight as number 1 and Imagine Me and You in second closely followed by Ella Undone in third. Ps they are awesome movies even though my girlfriend doesn't see them like that :)

6. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Fingersmith was pretty good. Also, Blue Is The Warmest Colour.

cjbrand likes this.
  7. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

I love a good lesbian movie so I've begun to get picky about the acting/scripts, but you've missed a couple off your list Bound, Better than chocolate (some acting a bit off but hey it was the 90s), All over me (a young Leisha Hailey), 2 girls in love (a young Laurel Holloman, slightly iffy acting but again older film), High Art (mean and moody), Nina's heavenly delights (tough being an lesbian in the Scottish Indian Restaurant trade), Saving face (overbearing mother warning), Bloomington (like loving Anabelle-will make you question why people keep writing stuff about girls in education being seduced by older 'should know betters'), lost and delirious (boarding school is tough, look out for some youngsters you may recognise). That's all of the top of my head, so I've probably missed something obvious.

8. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Tipping the Velvet -- is a 3 part DVD series that was originally filmed for BBC (or was it BBC America?)...not as great as the book (they never are), but the movie was decent.

@Nancy Lost and Delirious was just about one of the most depressing movies I've seen...Bound was good (acting so-so)...Better than Chocolate --- so cliche but yes, I watched it and at the time thought it was the greatest thing.

Imagine Me and You is probably my favorite -- as well as one of the better scripted/written movies.

Surprised that nobody's mentioned D.E.B.S -- supremely cheesy but cute and entertaining and I confess, sometimes lighthearted and cheesy are right up my alley.

Chris Chris likes this.
  9. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

There you go the obvious one missed out Tipping the Velvet- a BBC production, Victorian England through the eyes of the music halls (the book is better though)

Spygirl likes this.
  10. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

When Night is Falling.

Spygirl likes this.
  11. Chris Chris

Chris Chris Member

Personal Best with Mariel Hemingway has always been one of my favorites. I think it's because it was released in 1982 and was risky to have lesbian content in a main stream movie.

12. savetonight

savetonight Well-Known Member

Gia with Angelina Jolie <3 and my favourite "The world unseen" with beautiful Lisa Ray and Sheetal Seth (the same actress as in I can't think straight movie).

RRB89 likes this.
  13. MissI

MissI New Member

I think one of the best movies is: KISS ME, a scandinavian production.

I wonder why lez movies are so strange sometimes...
    - gigola
    - sea purple
    - jamie and Jessie
    - the world unseen
    - bumblefuck usa
    - a perfect ending

And these are only a few.
    I couldn't stop shake my head. What were they thinking?

But movies like
    Kiss me, Imagine me and You, concussion, ich will dich, aimee und Jaguar (...) give me Hope. :)

14. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

I recently watched Circumstance and I Can't Think Straight.

Circumstance was interesting, difficult to watch though because of the themes. Very good film though and one of those movies that you would talk to other people about as it makes you think.

I Can't Think Straight wasn't the best movie but it was also different.

15. wkeeton

wkeeton Member

Don't forget Kiss Me (or Kyss Mig) in swedish. (oops, I see it was mentioned)

16. wonderlust

wonderlust Well-Known Member

I watched Appropriate Behavior last weekend, the lead is bisexual and it does have its funny moments.

I wish there are more imagine me and you, saving face in other words, rom-com-ish lesbian films. I feel like the majority of movies that come out has a tragic, dramatic, disturbed relationship plot or a depicts the lesbian as either confused, bitter or troubled--- less I forget the obsessive matron preying on school girls.

17. mg

mg Member

I recently watched ANATOMY OF A LOVE SEEN, it's a nice movie, most of the time it's foreign film it's very rare to have a local film with a lesbian theme here in my country

18. entertainmentguruwannabe

entertainmentguruwannabe Active Member

I also enjoy Imagine Me & You! It's pretty funny seeing Lena Headey in that as such an attractive and cool character when I'm now used to her being an insufferable, EVILLLLLLL bee---atch as Cersei in GoT.

I think I Cant Think Straight was also quite good - mostly because the chemistry between Sheetal Sheth and Lisa Ray is on FIRE!!!

One really really silly movie that I can recommend fully knowing that it's ridiculous, but having a soft spot for it nonetheless, is Out at the Wedding. (I know some weird drama happened b/t Cathy DeBuono & AE years ago - haven't followed that or know anything about it, but I personally think she's pretty hot in this movie).

19. dazeio

dazeio Member

check out yes or no, really cute thai lesbian movie

oh and Nina's heavenly delight ( subtitles for this one, the glasglow slang was really hard to hear...lol)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  20. wkeeton

wkeeton Member

I recently watched Water Lilies on youtube. It was in French, with Portuguese subtitles, and yet even so I was able to glean a disconcerting amount of what was going on and was easily able to identify with the character of Marie, who had an all-consuming crush on her friend Floriane. Wish they'd put it on netflix. I certainly enjoyed the parts I was able to understand! I remember very well my personal Floriane from high school. Don't we all?