Ready to date now

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Cheryl Chambers, May 27, 2019.

1. Cheryl Chambers

Cheryl Chambers New Member

I have been single rebuilding my life after leaving an abusive relationship 4 years ago. It took a while to regain my sense of self, self esteem and positive outlook. It wasn't easy but it turned out to be such a wonderful reward to learn my strengths and worth as a woman. Since I am not into the bar scene, yes there is a nice lesbian bar here, mainly because it is such a young crowd. Granted there are some lovely young women that are fun to dance with and joke around with but I find myself wishing I was about 25 years younger. So, my question is...how do any of you meet women without going to bars? I have tried the online sites with no success but I don't want to give up on romance yet. I may be a little long in the tooth but I am not dead.

Any suggestions?

2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Do you have a hobby? Get involved in social groups or groups related to what you like to do...hiking/sports/etc. because common interests can be a good foundation for friendships and/or relationships.

I know a woman who lost her long term partner who found new love through their common love for dogs and being involved in dog sports/dog activities.