Re: What's Wrong with me...!

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Mariposa14, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Mariposa14

Mariposa14 Member

Ok so I've never written on one of these before and I'm not really to sure where to start!

I'm a strong believer is sorting my shit out by myself and not relying on anyone else but this time I'm kinda stuck! I've been in a relationship for 2 years and things are pretty perfect, I'm talking everything you could ever want in a women. I know there is no one in this world that has ever loved me like she does and clearly I love her too otherwise this wouldn't be so difficult. So here's the part where maybe you all start to think I'm a moron, I know how lucky I am to have find someone like this so I don't need you all to tell me that.

I love my girlfriend alot, she's fun to be around, she treats my Like a princess, she pretty much my best friend but there's something missing. I've felt this for a while now but have been pushing it to the back of my head and telling myself that I should be grateful for what I have. I've notice that I've been doing this more and more over the last few weeks and my fear of turning yet another year older isn't helping any!

I really do love her, that's not a question but I'm not sure I'm still sexually attracted to her. I find myself thinking that there has to be more, surely when you meet 'the one' you just know?! Or am I living in a fantasy world, maybe this is a good as it gets and I should learn that life isn't like the movies!!

I'm so confused and have no one to talk to that won't judge me or my relationship.

Any advice welcome!

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Well, nothing wrong with you at all but I can see it being a problem. I hear about this kind of thing in these forums and I understand that the explanations are that you are not in the honey moon period anymore and the crazy hormones are not there to keep things exciting and crazy (good crazy). But now, you got the nesting hormones that is the kindler, gentler thing and you need that to sustain a long term relationship, so ya you have a good thing with her because two years in she still treats you like a princess.

Perhaps, and I don't know if you tried it, how about you take the ball in your court and make some excitement happen in your relationship? Switch positions, surprise her? Watch what she does with you and try to do the same thing back. Perhaps if you get her really really excited things will kick up a bit? Good luck! Nothing wrong with you also because you are actually reaching out and being proactive in your relationship. So Kudos, Mariposa, and take care.

3. Mariposa14

Mariposa14 Member

Thanks Greylin! Maybe your right and I should take a bit more control! I think sometimes we just let life get in the way and forget about just the two of us.

I'll give it a go....fingers crossed!!

4. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Good luck and have fun spicing things up! :D